National Hare & Hound Series (West) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

National Hare & Hound Series (West)

It was great to see Wayne Matlock at one of our local National Hare and Hounds in Lucerne Valley, Ca. I did not race this one but was video-taping from mile 5 of loop 1, a gnarly water-fall section. Wayne came through like no problem, smoking the local boys (my friends)! It was nice to see him there and to win it! Great job Wayne and to all the others who made it to the finish!

I "heard" Marc Choquette came out. Sorry I didn't get to see you, Marc. I heard you had some mechanical issues and didn't make it too far. NEXT TIME!!

[img]images/graemlins/headspin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 03:46 PM

Re: National Hare & Hound Series (West)

it was a fun one! i want to see that video!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was great to see Wayne Matlock at one of our local National Hare and Hounds in Lucerne Valley, Ca. I did not race this one but was video-taping from mile 5 of loop 1, a gnarly water-fall section. Wayne came through like no problem, smoking the local boys (my friends)! It was nice to see him there and to win it! Great job Wayne and to all the others who made it to the finish!

I "heard" Marc Choquette came out. Sorry I didn't get to see you, Marc. I heard you had some mechanical issues and didn't make it too far. NEXT TIME!!

[img]images/graemlins/headspin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its cool to see D38 quad guys making the trip to D37. Good job Wayne! There were three more of us set to go but it all fell apart days before the race. I didnt get my YFZ engine problem figured out till Friday night and had no time to get the thing back together. The next race should have a really good Quad turn out at D38!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

[ QUOTE ]
it was a fun one! i want to see that video!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric, we don't know how to post video stuff on the computer... all we know how to do is ride!! Don't worry, I'll get a copy one way or another... hee hee!! GOOD JOB! [img]images/graemlins/gituar.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/headspin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Veteran

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I sure did. We rebuilt the darn thing and had it working good. Did the transmission and Eric suggested we take it to the National on Sunday. WE put Shauns old 330 motor in the 250r. Man that motor has some punch to it! Something strange happened, all the oil pooled at the bottom of the gas and didnt mix with the gas. Fould the plug a few times and drained the float bowl and it cleared out whatever was in there. Well, since the oil didnt mix with the gas, I only made it to the end of the bomb run and the motor started to sieze so I turned it off and called it quits......Todd found me and towed me back to camp. He is my hero! I also heard he has a cape too, lol........ :All Good:
Anyway, it was fun and I had a blast. Brought my son with me. I miss racing the district races and want to catch a few this year.
Eric did a great job and pulled 3rd place. Thanks to Eric and Chantal for putting up with my son and I for the weekend.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Veteran

Here are some pics....A little help from everbody here......Kris Hernandez (AKA Kritter) from his website, Eric and Chantal and my own.....
Hare and Hound pics.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 04:46 PM

When and where is the next National Hare and Hound?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 06:49 PM

Next one is in District 38. Will be at Superstition mtn. North of Plaster city in the imperial valley.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 08:34 PM

what day is it? i plan on doing the d-38 one...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Zhvonte

where is plaster city? I am thinkin of doing a hare and hound if my quad isnt too wide, got plus four arms on my z400......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode