WORCS at Payette - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

WORCS at Payette

Who was at the WORCS Payette event this past weekend?

Great event put on by WORCS. They are looking a seven all ATV events in 2005.

Off-Road.com will have tons of photos in a couple days.

Everybody needs to contact WORCS and let them know what a great job they are doing supporting the ATV Racing community. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 11:29 PM

Re: WORCS at Payette

We were there and had a good time aside of a break down that left my ole man a dnf [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] We got the problem fixed,unfortunatly not in time for the race....
I think the weather contditions were great for the riders, a little rain eraly in the wk helped a ton with the dust and made for a better track .. I would like to say thank you to the owners of the track as well. Tag and Robin at white knuckle are very cool and support both bikes and Qauds...!! They would like to get together with neiboring states and run some series as well, if anyone is intrersted on racing a quad freindly track, get in touch with me and ill make sure we get something going!! I look forward to more quads only series in the near future.. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I am happy to say that my Daughter took a 4th place(fell a little short on a third on the last lap) and took the holeshot award on her Kasea 90. Great job Kelsey!!! Hope to see more minis running the series...... Tina
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Veteran

Thats great. Congrats on your daughters finish. Thats great that the little kids are out there dicin it up. Dean is right, WORCS puts on a great series. I hope they return to central TX next year. i was hoping to be racing the Decateur round but doesnt look like thats gonna happen. I am getting better though and will be racing the Henderson BITD race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

WORCS is working on having 7 ALL ATV races for the 2005 season. I believe they said one of those would be in Texas.

Here is the photo gallery for the race:

http://bbs.off-road.com/photobb/show...45&thumb=1

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 12:59 AM

thats GREAT news!!! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 12:14 PM
AndreS

as always, the folks here at ORC do an awesome job on event coverage, great pics! i'm sure there will be a great story up soon too.

i had a blast at the event, and inspite of a crash saturday, still did pretty well. i know others had some carnage too, anyone have stories to tell?

dean/justin- have you had time to figure out what happened to the YFZ during the pro/semi-pro main?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 11:18 PM

We think we have it figured out.
Long problem made short...when racers run for a long time at high speed without their lights on, it tends to almost uncharge the battery( sorry dad if that explanation isn't quite right, it was very confusing!!) We got a Resistor Kit from Yamaha yesterday, and will be installing it tomorrow. We hope that will fix the problem and I will be able to race without problems on Sunday.
Lol, but I will be racing with a bent front bumper, and a snapped grab bar. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 12:45 PM
mphpix

For anyone who may have been at the Payette race, I have several photos from the WORCS race...

www.mphpix.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Zhvonte

I went and yes, I drove over 1200 miles to get there. Driving solo and then racing on saturday and sunday was a challenge in itself for me. Anyways, I went and got third on sunday 30+ B, I am at least happy I walked away with one podium after a disappoint saturday. I run the number "74N" if anyone seen the number, that would be me. A Z400 that dont look like a Z400 anymore....

BTW, if I had known that was the project z400 the offroad folks have been working on, I would have loved to compare notes on all the research I have done on it over the past two years...

Anyways, I am excited about the new WORCS ATV series [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] and will be running majority of them if not all of them. Anyone residing in phoenix looking to pair up for the worcs series let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode