ALL ATV Grand Prix - May 22 richland, WA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

ALL ATV Grand Prix - May 22 richland, WA

Who is going to the ATV Grand Prix in Richland, WA on May 22nd?

http://home.off-road.com/~quad_squad_atv_club/

Team ORC will be there.

I hope they have all 205 riders that they had at the Goldendale 4 HR Team race.

[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 03:19 AM
AndreS

Re: ALL ATV Grand Prix - May 22 richland, WA

i'll be there, maybe my brother too... i hope they get a great attendance too, i know some of the pro riders & some others will be at the worcs, and some other locals are running the gold star series MX race.

i've talked & hung out with some of the members of the club in charge, they're great people.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Excellent. Justin will be riding the YFZ450 but not sure what I am going to have to ride. We just sent out the motor on our Z400 to get built by Tudor's Performance.

[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 09:51 PM

Looks like I'm gonna be doin double duty Saturday. There is a Teen race(200cc minimum) before the major race, I'm gonna do the Teen race, and then go and do the adults race. Anyone whos going, bring your kid so he can race too. I'm gonna need some competition! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Kids race is gonna be 3 laps, I think a lap is about 6 miles.
Seyah there!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 03:36 AM
AndreS

well that's one rider that's going to whoop me.....
i figured i'd dare to ride in the expert class this time.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 01:03 PM

Just wonderin, were you at the other race up their a little while back? Not the team race, it was before that. Well see, you may whoop me because I'll be tired from the kids race. I should have almost an hour in between, because they are giving the littler kids quite a while to do it, but I'll probably still be a little tired from it.
Lets hope too that my battery doesn't flake out on me again. I've been having trouble with the stock battery on the YFZ, so I ordered a new one, but I don't have it yet. I may need to have it on the charger in between races just to make sure it doesnt go dead on me at the start.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 01:04 PM

Awesome race! Quad Squad ATV Club did a great job for it bein the first race they had held. Had a couple problems with scoring in the first race, but did great in the second one. Unluckily in the first race, my class was the one they messed up on. No biggie though, I was pretty much just doin it to see the course. The second race(pros and experts) went really good for me! I got third overall and second in expert class. I think only like the top four did 7 laps(6 mile laps,one hour.)The kid that beat me was a sixteen year old riding a <nobr>Honda</nobr> 450. Nice guys. Not exactly sure where Andre placed, but he did pretty good too.
It was an awesome course. The first couple laps was pretty much full throttle because they bladed the entire course. Then it started gettin whooped out and really rutted since it was almost entirely sand. The club then after the races reserved the park for ATV's only until Sunday afternoon. That way the ATV's could use the motocross track. Currently only motorcycles can use the motocross track except for special occasions when we can use it. The Quad Squad ATV Club said they are trying to get us a motocross track of our own, a kids track, and a utility trail! That place is gonna be awesome after some work. They already race these grand prixs, but there are also sprint boat races, and go kart races too.
Watch for full results and pictures from the pro/expert race to be up soon.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Veteran

All right, great job Justin....Lets see a couple of teaser pics......?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 12:49 AM

Will try to remember to get a couple off my dad's computer.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 04:24 AM
AndreS

that was a great event! the course was absolutely sweet during the first 3 laps or so, but got pretty rough, whooped &amp; rutted.

the start for the first race was not bad at all(i watched), no dust since the track had recieved a significant ammount of rain... but only about 2 hours later conditions changed &amp; the expert/pro start was pretty dusty... especially if you were back in the pack very far at all, (which is where i was... another not-so spectacular start.) after the start, conditions were great!

I finished 6 laps, 8th of 13 in expert class, 11th of 20 overall.

my brother didn't have as good of luck, he rode his lt250r in the amature race &amp; siezed his motor midway through his 2nd lap...
we stuck around &amp; rode the MX track some afterwards,
i could hardly move the next morning so i bagged going out for more punishment.

overall we had a great time &amp; will do it again, I applaud the tri-cities quad squad for doing a great job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode