Off Roading Forums banner

Adelanto accident

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  YoungGun 
#1 ·
Have heard some reports the Nic Granlund was seriously injured at the Adelanto Grand prix. Sketchy on the details but I believe it was on the 1st lap. Suffered some neck injuries. Lets pray that Nic is ok. My prayers are with him and his family.

G
#4 ·
I started to post something here about this a few days ago, but then I saw there was an LA Times reporter looking for Adelanto crash stories over on the Desert Viper webpage forums. He could care less about the race or results. Sick bastard!

Anyways, I talked to Ash Nemetz who is friends with Nic. It sounds as if several quads crashed in the same spot, one after another, with Nic crashing near the end of the mess. Nic wasn't actually injured by his crash. He was hurt after he stood up from his crash and was hit by another quad. It wasn't clear if his neck was broken, or if it was a bone in the neck region. I heard he probably won't require any surgery, atleast not for the eye socket or collarbone, but he won't be riding for a while either. I believe he was released from the hospital Thursday night.

God's speed on your recovery Nic! We will be praying for you!

Jeff Henson
Whiplash #21
WORCS #26V/26T

#6 ·
Was just reading on another forum some good news...
"my dad went and saw him yesterday. he is in good spirits besides having a sling and bandages everywhere. i was also told he has 3 broken ribs, ive heard of people getting ran over by cars that have been hurt less than nic."

Get well soon Nic.

#7 ·
Well, maybe I should just be glad now that I wasn't able to go race it after hearing about all this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.