WORCS: what class should i run??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 01:52 AM
AndreS

WORCS: what class should i run???

i am planning on racing as many of the Worcs events as i can afford this year & hopefully qualify for points in region 1. locally, i have raced some MX, some GP & some harescrambles. in MX i'm not that great, but every time i've run a GP or harescramble i've finished mid-pack. usually they have no A, B or C at these races, but usually divide by bike: 2-stroke, open, etc. i've only ran one race where it was divided expert/amature (no beginners class) i raced amature & finished 7 of 14 overall, 1st in amature...

after reading the rules for the WORCS races, as they define it- 'A' class is for expert riders, B for amature, C for beginners...
i don't think i'm a complete beginner if i'm finishing mid-pack in similar type events at a local level. i know i don't quallify for A class by any means, but i'm not sure if i should ride B or C... what do you think???
if i decide to run B, i can run vet B on saturday and production B or open B on sunday... if i run C, i only race once, saturdays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 08:12 PM

Re: WORCS: what class should i run???

I would say you should run the C class. I do really well in desert races, and mid-class in cross country.I havent got any real mx races done(broke my wrist in my first mx race) but I'm pretty good at it I think. The 3 races I did last year in WORCS in the C class on Project Big Red I got in like the top 12 all of them.
It does kinda suck that you can only do one race, but do your first race in C, then after you see how you do, decide what to run the rest of the season.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Just Plain Need A Life

From what you are saying with the races you have run in the past and where you placed I think you should go ahead an run the B class.

Where are you from?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Veteran

Sounds like you could run B class. I am going to try to run the Worcs race in Austin in Feb. Maybe will see you out here?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 02:15 AM
AndreS

thanks guys!
i'm going to go for B so i can race both days, sounds like fun.... if i can, why not! vet B & production B.
i'm just outside of seattle, so i won't be making the trip to austin. too long of a drive- $$ & time are factors. my plan is to race as many region 1 races as i can, hopefully i can run enough to qualify for points.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 02:31 PM
LapTraffic

Im signing up for vet a and open a.

I did the WORCS race at washougal last year, my first big event, I've done some local harescramble stuff and some MX.

I would rather take last in vet A or pro production (a very real possibility [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) than first in C. Just me I guess.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Novice

Go for the pro class Laptraffic. It is not that much more $$ and you just might place in the money. When I raced Lake Havasu last year (first time racing the Cannondale and first national race) I decided to race the pro class, and I placed 3rd and got $250 for it. I know I would have been pissed at myself if I wouldn't have raced in the pro class.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 05:43 PM
LapTraffic

The website says I need a procard from a different organization to race pro in WORCS, is that true or is it just fluff?

We need to hook up at more than milford thunderwolf [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Novice

I did race my Z400 in the pro class once in the local Whiplash series. I told them that and they let me in the pro class in worcs. But really if you don't think you can keep up with the pro's I would enter a lower class.

I am almost positive I won't be going any further north than Milford. The rest of them are at least 1000 miles away.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 04:25 PM
LapTraffic

I dont think I would podium in the pro class unless they let me work on their bikes before the race... [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but I think I could do top 10 overall.

Are you running pro production or pro open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode