will a wirrior350 out run a honda 400ex? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Racing For discussion of ATV Racing. Results, race postings, preparations, riding tips!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

will a wirrior350 out run a honda 400ex?

My bro owns a yamaha wirrior 350 and my best friend dev owns a honda 400ex they are both talkin crap sayin how they can out run each other

also my borther has more Ex in driving atvs where dev thinks a power band is what make the atv go [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

can somone help me and tell me the facts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 10:24 AM

Re: will a wirrior350 out run a honda 400ex?

A properly modified Warrior should be able to keep up with or even outrun a stock 400ex in a straight line drag race , or top speed run. The main thing out in the woods or on a race track (reguardles of modifications on either quad) , is going to be who rides better , who waits longer to let off the gas comming into a turn , or is willing to go for that extra throttle for the big air jumps . In racing practice and experience is everything . I had a stock Blaster keep up pretty well with my fully modified 250R out on an MX track a few weeks ago , because the rider was a lot more comfortable jumping the big stuff than I was (it was my first time riding the R on an MX track , normally I only ride dunes or woods). I would pull away on the smooth sections of the track like he was standing still , then he'd close the gap in the jump and whoops sections . [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] lol
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks but what if they are both stock would the 400ex dog the wirrior?

but you are right its all bout the Ex where i think my bro can kill him [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 10:19 AM

a 400ex should easily be able to smoke a stock Warrior, if riders are even close to the same skill level.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 08:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The 400EX will smoke the Warrior in a drag race, but the Warrior will have more top speed , due to the 6-speed trans.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 08:17 PM

MasterWrench,
That very well could be , I had the same problem when I raced against Blasters when all I had was my modified ATC200X . I could beat them off the line and stay ahead until I topped out in 5th , then they'd hit 6th and walk away . [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode