Which should I buy? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which should I buy?

I'm 18 I've been riding since i could walk but its always been on work quads. Now I'm looking to buy a sport quad but
I don't know which is best for me. I am 6' 200 pounds i ride as aggresive as i can on work quads. I mostly ride on old logging roads that are in my area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 08:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which should I buy?

Thought of a scrambler 500?? got the 4x4 but it's a sport, and mabye a 400ex or somethin?

<font color=blue> I'd rather be STROKED than BORED...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 10:22 PM
portgrinder

baaaanshee, baaaanshee, baaaanshee!

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've considered the Banshee but was told most of its power was high end and i dont get to ride long enough straights to really open it up.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 11:37 PM
raptor_rider

I was thinking about the Banshee my self , but if you dont have a place to let it run then its not the machine for you, if you have the riding experiance it sounds like , I would go with a Warrior, or a 400 EX the Warrior has almost the same suspention as the Honda but it has reverse, you can build the Yamaha to run faster than a stock 400 EX, and it has a longer track record for reliability, if you dont think thats enough power then I would say Raptor, but only if you can ride really well

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 11:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think i like the 400EX idea the best right now i was looking at the raptor but desided i dont have anywhere to ride that i could open it up WHat advantages would the warrior have over the 400EX?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have owned both the warrior and 400ex.Still have the ex.With the exception of reverse the 400ex is far better quad then the warrior.The ex handles better,has better suspension and reliability is no problem.Warrior advantage-reverse.Just a note on this because I am sure this could to into a yamaha vs honda debate.I was a yamaha diehard until I bought a honda.Now I know why all these honda guys are so loyal.Not that I will not buy a yamaha again because they are great machines but in this case there is no comparing the warrior vs 400ex.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 01:58 PM

dude get a banshee it is the quad of real men..you dont need wide open places to get it opened up...and it has been shown that owning a banshee increases penis size!!!

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2001, 03:37 PM
portgrinder

can't beat the sound of a banshee

400ex's are alright, they just have no top end

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 12:45 AM
raptor_rider

If (for me ) it came down to the Warrior and the 400EX (I) would have to go with the 400EX

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode