need a spark box - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

need a spark box

I need a CDI control unit (spark box) that fits ATC185, ATC200, and my quad, TRX200. They're all the same unit. It can be used too, I just need one at a good price, not the stealer price. Where can I find one?

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: need a spark box

I have an atc 185s, and in my constant lookout for it I think I saw the box you want on ebay a little while ago. The one guy was pretty much parting out his whole bike. If you don't do the ebay thing you could try atv salvage yards, or if you get desperate, honda still can get parts for the bikes you stated.
good luck.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-521394-185spict.jpg (93.8 KB, 28 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know, I was bidding on the box on ebay, and the guy got a bid in in the LAST 7 SECONDS. I was soo pissed. I e-mailed him and he said that he has some software that automatically bids like that for him so he always wins.
I checked with Honda, and they want like $100 for the box, so I'm trying my best to source it elsewhere.
Where are some quad junkyards? Do you have any names or urls?

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 12:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

K&K and east coast atv comes to mind when I think of atv salvage yards. The best place to fing them is in the back of atv mags. in the ad section. As far as that last second bid, i've won a few auctions like that, i see something i want, find out when the auction ends,then i get online that day and put in my bid just a few seconds befor it ends. i have a cable modem - its crazy fast so it goes right in. It usually works, but it does tend to piss people off. Don't get me wrong - I don't always do it, and i won't do it if the item is relly hot (lots of people are bidding on it) or if i know someone really needs the part. I've found with the older bikes you get to know who has them online and what they need to fix them, especially when you part out a bike or two like i did.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2001, 04:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ktmbk,

it doesnt piss me off when someone outbids me like that, what pisses me off is when the use a software program to auto bid for them at the last minute...at least you are getting on and bidding in person.

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'85 Jeep Cherokee
'93 Banshee
'88 Quadracer

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2001, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the names.

Yeah, I guess it's the software that pissed me off the most. At least when it's in person, it's fair and square.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode