my banshee is still whacked out - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

my banshee is still whacked out

ok i posted a while ago about how my shee wasnt running right...ive been busy and havent gotten to work on it much but weve tinkered a little and have discovered that it is way lean...it wasnt lean before so it seems to me it has an air leak...things just dont get "un jetted" like that...so where is an air leak likely to be? probably any seel along the cylender and carb boots..or is there anything else that coukd make my shee got bad on my like this...its starts just fine...any help would be nice thanks

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: my banshee is still whacked out

my old bike had an air leak and i got high temp gasket materal it is like a tacky stuff and i fist removed the carb then i cleaned the ENTIRE carb in side and out then soaked it in gas and let it sit in the sun until it was dry. i then droped the float bowl and put the gasket stuff around edges to act like an extra gasket. then i put the bowl back on. now i checked where the carb bolts on to the head and put the gasket stuff on that. and at the air boot thing i put alot of gasket stuff on that to make a good seal and no more air leak.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my old bike had an air leak and i got high temp gasket materal it is like a tacky stuff and i fist removed the carb then i cleaned the ENTIRE carb in side and out then soaked it in gas and let it sit in the sun until it was dry. i then droped the float bowl and put the gasket stuff around edges to act like an extra gasket. then i put the bowl back on. now i checked where the carb bolts on to the head and put the gasket stuff on that. and at the air boot thing i put alot of gasket stuff on that to make a good seal and no more air leak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

98 You need to pressure test to find a leak. You can make your own tester. Check out duncan-racing.com or macdizzy.com for more info....SM

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:50 PM
cleartoy

I used to have a problem with one cylinder running lean. The air intake was not the problem. It was the lower end seals. The crankcase seal on H2O pump side leaked, causing air to suck in and lean it out. It ultimately led to a broken primary drive gear.

Get it checked out. Do a leak down test.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:30 PM

are u SURE its running lean???? if she is kickin right off without a prob....i question the leanness of it.....fresh plugs and a straightaway test before ya do anythin else!!!

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

yes fresh plugs pinned in 4th and the plugs come out white! and the thing just falls flat on its face as soon as its about to make its power...im confused by this as well...it ran great then all a sudden i was cruisin and it just wouldnt go..

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 11:37 AM
cleartoy

As a rule, if you are riding in the same spot, and elevation, with the same type of fuel, premix ratio, jetting doesnt change. Now, if the temperature and humidity fluctuate, that could affect it.

If the jetting was correct before, and all of a sudden running lean, you have an air leak.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode