Polaris 4 x 4 425 magnum - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 12:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Polaris 4 x 4 425 magnum

I am having a problem with the front wheel drive not engaging! I am look for a place to down load a repair manual

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 08:40 PM

Re: Polaris 4 x 4 425 magnum

If you went through water check your electrical, the polaris' have troubles with their fourwheeldrive and water. Same thing happend to my uncle. Let her dry, I have been looking for online manuals for all kinds of fourwheelers and have found nothing so far. Drop a message if you find a site though will ya.

Keep Tailgating Me
I'm Reloading!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2001, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi thanks for the info...... turns out ( after I spent 35 bucks on a repair manual and had a better elect diagram
) that inside the shift lever there is a switch that turns the four wheel off in neutral and reverse the switch burnt
out so I jumped the switch and it is working fine now I jumped it to make sure and it is a pain to get to the switch and it also costs 65 bucks so thanks again for all the help!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2001, 07:54 PM
deepnsteeP

I've got problems with mine now too. I think mines gonna be a bit tougher to fix though. There is a coil in the front axle housing that engages a Hillard clutch for the four wheel drive. On mine, the bolts that hold on the brake rotor came loose and cut into the axle housing a bit. I didn't notice it when I had my hub off to fix a couple bearings and the axle, but the wire that goes to the coil is broke off. So now, I gotta take the hub BACK off [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] and figure out how the wire connects in there to the coil. I am assuming that I just have to solder it, but I ain't too sure yet. I'll let everyone know what I learned after I finish this thing. It seems that nobody knows too much about Polaris four wheel drive here (including myself [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Edelbrock Performer Series intake and carb, Tri-Y headers, K&N filter, 2 1/2" dual exhaust, 14 bolt FF rear.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 10:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

You may end up having to change out the hole strut. I cant really picture the wires going into the hub right now and i dont have my manual with me. For some reason when i was at the dealership i used to just change the strut. I think it had something to do with labor though. Maybe it was cheaper to change out the strut then fix it. I cant remember though. If you still have problem let me know and i will stop by my shop and get my manual and refresh the brain a bit.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode