EH - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

EH

Hey guys,I live in Canada and i'm looking to buy a new fourwheeler..Right now i'm looking at the Raptor,400 EX,Warrior and Banshee and maybe even the bombardier DS 660...
Just wondering what is the best one out there..What one is the best deal money wise...
I priced the 400EX 2001 AT 86OO$ that is with tax..i'm wondering could i get it cheaper at another dealer or is that what it is going for every where's..The Warrior was 7600$..i think the bomb was like 10,400..
So any advice would help out allot..I'm also consider trying to pick up a used one from a dealer for less...i seen a 2001 used banshee for around 6900$ with tax..i priced a new one at something like 8000$...
later dude..
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:15 PM

Re: EH

well....it depends on what kinda riding you do and what your experience level is....
banshee i reserve for the experienced riders....
raptor about the same
warrior for the less...
400EX about the same...
me personally I believe Go BLUE or Go HOME....but that is me....

give us more detail on what TYPE of riding....what EXPERIENCE....and what your long term aspirations are for your ride....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well i been riding for about five or so years but i only had a 95 Polaris trail blazer which is a pretty easy machine to ride.. But i have a pretty good feel for fourwheelers..What kind of riding will i be doing...hmm..just the average stuff.No really sand dunes or nothin like that but some pits,water,mud just flat out racing....
Do you think some of them are good buys or what are the prices i should be looking for..
thanks man
later

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

banshee or raptor

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 12:47 AM

I would say warrior or raptor.....banshee only and i mean ONLY if you are VERY comfortable with riding.....how mechanically inclined are you....and if yer gonna be doin mud....a 4 stroke is abetter deal there....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 01:35 AM
raptor_rider

I would kinda lean with Airborn on this one, I have almost every quad your asking about, including your Trailblazer, if I were you I dont think I would go for the Raptor or the Banshee they are to much bike from what your used to, I would go with the Warrior or the 400EX the Yamaha is proven tough, the honda is working on that as a reputation, both have electric start, yamaha has reverse, honda has better suspention,honda probably has more hop ups, GOOD LUCK

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 01:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello, I'm new to this BBS stuff.
But anyway? Anyone got any ideas on Mods needed to Race a warrior? I want to start racing next year.

Yes it DOES fly!
Ditch the [email protected]#$% and lets ride!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 08:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey man, go post a topic on that, don't take up this guy's topic dude. Pmatchet, i didn't catch where you ride, but i have heard the raptor has tons of power, always there when you need it, the bombardier is an overwieght, big, slow, yellow school bus. I have seen some 400ex's in action, they can go pretty good, but you are sacrificing reverse on getting the 400, go drive them all, that's the only way you will know which one you want.

<font color=blue>UGH, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2001, 10:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey..I just ride up where i live..just some little pits and stuff nothin big just with some friends..Just flat out racing down the road stuff like that too..Couple guys of late got a 2001 Raptor,2001 400ex,and there are a 98Banshee and a 300ex not sure of the year maybe a 99...I really like them all..Right now i'm considering getting the 400EX or the Warrior..What about these prices:
2001 400EX:7,900
2001 Warrior:7,600
2001 used(2HRS) 400EX: 7,4OO
2001 used(1ohrs) Raptor: 8,000
2001 Banshee:6,000..just is not from a dealer though which i want to buy a bike from..
I think i can get the 400EX the one at 7,900 for about 7500..the dealer said he could be worked down a good amount..
Also i'm from Canada so the prices are alot higher then the USA..ALL the prices i have up there alredy have tax included
Thanks and later dudes.
oh if anyone knows the top speeds of all those bikes please pass them my way....
I heard the BOMBARDIER 660 goes 95MPH...
TRUE or is the dealer a [censored] *****

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2001, 02:01 AM
raptor_rider

IF THE DEALER IS THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU THE DS650 GOES 95MPH HE'S FULL OF IT

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode