Dog carrier for ATV - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dog carrier for ATV

Hope you can I help...

I would like to build or buy some type of cage/carrier so my dog(70lb medium sized dog) can sit comfortbly on the back rack of my Polaris Sportsman while I ride.

Anyone ever done this before and have any reccomendations or photos of their contraption? Any manufacturers who already make a product like this?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 05:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dog carrier for ATV

i'd say a pet carrier would work just strap it to the back rack.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=red>you can't polish a turd</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2001, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Strapping a regular carrier sounds like it would work to me, as long as it's tight enough. We strap coolers on the backs of ours and if it's not tight, the cooler bounces and turns all over the place. I've actually had to stop because my cooler turned upside down. That wouldn't be good for a dog. I assume you're taking him/her hunting because riding like that wouldn't be much fun. If you can strap a regular carrier on the back and it fit fairly well and was tight enough, I wouldn't waste my money on something else. That's just my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 01:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Would'nt that make your weight in the back heavy and i you went Up-hill you would have a higher chance of falling over backwards?

ATV luver
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2001, 11:45 PM
raptor_rider

Iv'e seen were a guy put carpet on his gas tank , the dog stood in front of the rider on the gas tank and leaned into his owner for support, the carpet alowed the dog to get traction and also protect the tank, if this wont work for you I would strap on a crate of some kind with an open top so the dog can bail in case of an emergency, carpet lined of course, just a suggestion, good luck

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode