I wanna buy a Raptor.. but i need your help people - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 03:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wanna buy a Raptor.. but i need your help people

hello people
i really need your help in something thats been bothering me for a while now. ma problem is that i wanna buy a raptor but the problem is that i live in a hot and a humid place and thats where i will be using ma raptor (in the future ofcouse) and it will always be on sand dunes since its the desert lol .... well anyways i wanna know of anyway that i can maintain a cool engine coz the heat is a big problem in ma country and second i want this thing to be a bad azz ... GUYZ . MONEY AINT A PROBLEM..DONT CARE HOW EXPENSIVE IT GETS.... i want to modify this thing and get the best performance from it and still maintain a cool engine temp.. any advice or links to sites that can make this thing a bad azz atv ..... and thanx for the help fellas

long lives da RaPtOr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 01:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I wanna buy a Raptor.. but i need your help people

Raptorlover, i want one too...but i am only 15, mabye in a couple years, here's the thing. From what i have heard, you CAN NOT overheat a raptor, everyone that i know that has ridden one seems to LOVE them. One of my friends Casey Morgan has one, sais it has AWESOME power, and he can ride it around out here(it is 82 F right now) all day revved as high as it will go...and keeping it cool doesn't seem to be a problem with it, one problem for him is keeping the front end on the ground, not a real problem though, all the more to SHOW OFF ABOUT! Well...i have heard they are fun in the dunes too, might want to widen it and put a longer swingarm on it though. I don't know much about modifying a raptor, so you will have to wait untill someone WITH a raptor posts to see what parts you should bye. Hope this helps.

<font color=blue>UGH, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

nice pic lol
well thanx for the help
u think 82 is hot
how about 130 heat there is between 80 and 130 can goto 140 too lol but i think it will be ok .... hmmm now i just need to make this thing a bad azz ... still waitiin for your opinion people

long lives da RaPtOr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 02:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just run it for about 1 to 2 hours then, and if it is REALLY hot, let it cool off for an hour or so while ya have a beer, :P.

<font color=blue>UGH, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:50 PM

well if cost isnt an issue put a 12:1 piston in there and the biggest cam you can get maybe put the 720 kit on in it get the head ported too then put a yoshi titanium pipe on it a +4 axle +2 a arms holeshots douglas ultimate beadlock wheels spiffy aftermarket bumpers, grab bar, and skid plates, maybe some nice pro taper bars steel braided braked lines a pro flow fliter thingy new really expensive after market shocks ummm and just for kicks chrome everything oh and a twist throttle of course! (unless you are old hehe) thats about it..basicly replace everything you can with aftermarket components!

<font color=blue>I own a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor Lover are you planning on taking the quad back to U.A.E. with you? That is one big sand box to ride in. I was in U.A.E. last year at this time. I'm in the military so I only spent 3 months there. But that heat was enough for me. Where are you form in U.A.E. I was based at Al Dahfra. (don't know if I spelled it right sorry) We went Dubia once while we were there is was sweet. We went to the water park and the ocean. The buildings over there are bad a$$. Very cool architecture. There aren't very many people that know where U.A.E. is at. It is very small.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 01:40 AM
raptor_rider

there are alot of things you can do to a Raptor to hop it up, from what I hear the 721 kit is the $hit, I have the GYT-R pipe, modified air box and dynojet kitalong with skid plates , pro taper bars, front grab bar,aluminum heel gaurds, graphic kit , and alot more aluminum on its way, I do some riding in the sand , the last time I was there it was about 100 deg. didnt have a prob. with overheating with the Raptor , one of my blasters didnt like the heat along with my Banshee , but the Raptor was fine with it, and it was more pleasureable to ride than any other quad out there

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx a lot guyz for the help. i really appreciate it. i hope i can get those mods after gettiin the raptor soon. zillaboy am from the capitol Abu Dhabi and got relatives in dubai too ,, i agree it is nice but somehow expensive lol the desert there is about a 2 hour drive and its called liwa i know the area u talkiin about its kewl too. it is perfect and yes i wanna keep the raptor there coz i study in boston MA and i go there to visit ma family in xmas and summer vacation and love to ride on those huge sand dunes but everybody out there got their atv's pumped up and fully loaded most of which r the banshee's ... as they say its the bomb ... i wanna prove them wrong with ma raptor after modification ..... hope those mods wont make the engine heat up. and again thanx for the help fellas ..... 1 more thing ... can i have a link of where to buy those kits u guyz r talkiin about kit 720 and 721 ??? i'd really apreciate it

long lives da RaPtOr
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 01:14 PM

i think http://www.powroll.com has some performance stuff for it

<font color=blue>I own a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 09:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the raptor is awesome ....being a proud raptor owner i love the damn thing the radiator is in the front has the fan right behind it liquid cooled i got some dirt wheels magazines and they said that it would never over heat and they raced out in the desert with the cannondale i have taken in it out to arkansas like when it was 105 and i rode that thing all day long and never had a problem the raptor is awesome... get one u will love it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode