do arctic cats suck? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

do arctic cats suck?

Well, i went to the local AC dealer and they were telling me that there haven't been any problems with them, so I was about hooked, considering the price. But then I went over to our suzuki dealership (#1 dealer in the nation, Doug Reynolds) and he was telling me that arctic cats are second-rate atv's and the suzuki motors in them are lower-line zuki motors and that overall arctic cat is not doing well and that I'd be getting into a bad situation if I got one. Is any of this true? Obviously it was in his best interest to tell me this but I ain't made of money so the diff b/t a zuk and an AC makes a difference to me. Thanks.
Eric

JEEP, it's what's for dinner.

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 09:37 PM

Re: do arctic cats suck?

I haven't heard of anything bad about them but I do know that there is suzuki motors in them.

I even have the tire off the ground about 3 inches!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, AC get's there engines from suzuki. I havn't heard anything bad about arctic cat, they just aren't the hyped up exotic quads we are always hearin about. A kid in school has one, and nothin has ever gone wrong with it, so don't run the hell out of it, and it won't be too bad. Be fun to play on just like anything else.

<font color=blue>Please, DON'T explain...</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 10:14 PM
portgrinder

ac and zuk go back along way together. every snowmobile they make has a zuk in it. from what ive seen there quads are mirror imajes of teh zuks, with diff decals. ac did dump its tigershark line too, which might tell you they are on the bottom of a few food chains

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Yeah, I figure any atv will last 10 years without any major problems. My uncle is still riding around on his big red 3 wheeler that's got to be 20 years old, and he takes it off through the swamps to go hunting all the time. I would need one that would hold up to big tires, because the stockers just ain't gonna cut it. Are the 500's built more HD than the 300s or is the motor just bigger? And I've heard that either OHV or DOHC is better if you suck in water...which one is it or does it really matter? I'm going to have a snorkel but I'll take all the insurance I can get

JEEP, it's what's for dinner.

<A HREF="http://www.arkansasmud.com/" target="_new">
ArkansasMud.com</A>
Muddybronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode