more questions on Warrior tuning - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 08:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

more questions on Warrior tuning

Okay, I've put on the big gun head pipe and silencer. OUt on the pro design pro flow. I've rejetted from 145 to 155. I finally got it so it doesnt run lean with the 155 main jet. However, as it is gaining rpm's it seems to "load up" and miss out a little. Its not real bad but it obviously isnt right. A miss with a single cylinder engine is very obvious and it gets on my nerves. What do you s'pose the problem is. It ran like a house afire with the 152.5 main jet but the spark plug still indicated a little lean. I dont want to burn a piston but it sure ran better with the 152.5. Is there something I'm overlooking? Should I change spark plug temp? Is running that much more fuel and air though the system change sparkplug requirements?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 09:07 AM
cleartoy

Re: more questions on Warrior tuning

Is the needle in the stock position? Main jet sounds too rich by the way you describe it. Is the pilot jet stock? Running the lid?

To check the main jet, try doing a 4th gear plug chop. Run wide open and kill the motor while pulling in the clutch. Read the plug again.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 01:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: more questions on Warrior tuning

Yeah everything is stock inside the carb besides the main jet. I'm ignorant on the internal workings of the carb, but I know which end of the wrench to use, so with some brief descriptions I could change the settings of the needle. I havnt tried the fourth gear chop thing. I am not running a lid. s'pose if i put the lid back on it would even things out a bit (it has been modified with some holes in it, it just seems to run better without it)? It seems like its too rich in high rpms to me too but the plug reading is confusing me. I'll try the chop and see, thanks again cleartoy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode