what should i know about my banshee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2001, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

what should i know about my banshee

im running 32:1 with yamaha lube r2 and will run premium gas..i ran 87 octane toady and it didnt ping but the book says at least 90 so i figure i should do premium gas in it...will this thing lose coolant? how often should i change the gear oil and with what?? if i foul a plug will it be obvious?? how do i know if my slides are out of sync? or my idle?? anyway to fix the anoyying kick starter rattle?? im gonna order a pro flow for it asap..for now i have a homemade one...just bolted the filter on..seems to work...i think thats it...thanks alot guys!

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 12:51 AM
raptor_rider

Re: what should i know about my banshee

congrats. on the new Banshee
I run premium and the 32:1 yamalube
if you loose coolant you have a leak, but if you are running on trails when it is real hot and you cant open her up to get some air through the radiator, it may loose some coolant out of the overflow
the owners manual sais to change the trans oil every 6 months with Yamalube (10-30) I change mine 3 times a year about every 3 mo. depending on the amount of riding I do
If you foul a plug it will run like ****t, even my 11 year old daughter could tell (its that obvious)
if the carbs are out of sink, you will know it ,(slides out of sink) when you give it gas it will act like it is running on one cyl. then it will kick in and run on both (if the Idle is out of sink) it will not idle down very fast, you will give it gas and it will take a few seconds to come down , if they are way out it wont come down at all
kick starter, I put a new detent(ball) with a longer spring in mine and it helped alittle but it still rattles, live with it
have fun with it and be carefull

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 08:37 PM
cleartoy

I run 92 with [email protected]:1.

Usually, coolant will spill out the overflow tube at the radiator on to your pipes and frame when overheating, going up or down hills.

Gear oil. I run 10-30 and change about 3 times a year. Depends on riding.

Good idea to check the plugs every ride. Stalling and hard starting can be symptoms of fouled plugs.

Pull the air box off and equalize the slides side to side. I just use a drill bit as a measuring gauge to make the slides sit the same. Raptor Rider covered this answer well. I cant really add to what he said.

Where you at 98 Warrior? Ive got some clamp on KNs with outerewears (eliminate the stock air box) and also a stock airbox with proflow, with KN and outerwear id like to sell. Not interested in shipping though. Im in Oceanside,CA(San Diego area).

Never had the kick starter rattle. Check the springs inside the case.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 08:39 PM
cleartoy

On a side note. A Toomey Radiator(Pro Design also makes one at a higher price) and Pro Design water impeller would be good insurance with all that extra heat your 380 is makin.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

im in NY so it would be too far a drive for the pro flow hehe..

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode