Timmy boy or HSD a-arms for DS 650???????????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 03:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Timmy boy or HSD a-arms for DS 650????????????

Hi,
I ride in trails with lots of whoops,jumps,and turns and also sand dunes!!I have a couple of questions about both of them such as:

1.Which one is better for the places I ride in?

2.Are the HSD strong a-arms adjustable?If not are they already setup to get rid of the bumpsteer/dartyness feeling the DS has?

3.If I go with the TB uppers what coordinates should I change on the toe in toe out or what ever I need to change to fix the bumpsteer?

4.For the owners of either the strong or timmy boys a-arms did u like the out come of them and how much more better does your ds handle with either one of these,I mean can u turn easier and can u do doughnuts better?

5.This may sound stupid,but how can u tell how much toe in toe out your ds has and also where do u look to check for it?

6.This has nothing to do with the a-arms,but I was wondering what size beadlock wheels would fit in 23x7x10 in the front and 22x11x9 in the rear?

Thanks your info will be greatly appreciated,
Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 06:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Timmy boy or HSD a-arms for DS 650????????????

not sure about all your other questions, but concerning the beadlock wheels a 5.5x10 should fit the front and a 9x9 should fit the back. so you got the DS650 instead of the Raptor? what was your deciding factor that made you go that route?

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'93 Banshee, '88 Quadracer
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for your reply!!!What made me go with the Raptor is because,well alot of things such as better suspension,more power(in my oppinion),it was cheaper($5999,and also looks better!!If any one has any more info it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2001, 07:59 AM

whoa dude you are asking all the quwstions about a DS650 but you are getting a raptor..im confused

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 07:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok i am confused as well...

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 05:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ohh [censored] i'm sorry i must have been thinking about he raptor when i posted!!!what i meant was the DS650,I just noticed my mistake today thanks guys for pointing that out!!!So if anybody has any more info about the raptor just kiding i mean DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it will be grreatly appreciated!!!

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 07:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

so i am still confused as heck...which ride did you end up getting?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 08:11 AM

i think he is getting the DS650....who knows he mught be getting a breeze or something...

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 10:29 AM
cleartoy

I have Timmy Boy arms on my Banshee and am pleased with them. They have full adjustablility of camber, caster, toe. They are made out of 4130, nice welds.

I can fly through the whoops much faster now. It is not so bouncy, there is slower motion of the front suspension action. It corners and sidehills way better.

Who is HSD? Never heard of them.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 11:43 AM

isnt HSD trying to make a sport quad with IRS?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode