DW TEST, RAPTOR IS #1. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DW TEST, RAPTOR IS #1.

Well, here it is, Raptor is number one...yamaha has to do somethin with their banshee to help it out!! Better suspension would be a start! Raptor takes it...

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-454787-testresults.jpg (87.3 KB, 30 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: DW TEST, RAPTOR IS #1.

You guys new the Cannondale was a dry sump engine right? Well, Cannondale decided up a pretty crafty trick to do with their hollow alluminum frame, the circulate the oil through the frame on it?! That is wicked.

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 08:40 PM

the reason the banshee does bad is because it is an old machine and dirtwheels only likes new machines....the tests in atv action showed the times on the mx track were faster on the banshee than on the 400ex and ds 650..they just didnt make a big deal out of it because as everyone knows banshees are ill handling pigs and it is imposible to controll the power..haha whatever..i might get one this weekend...man but can i make myself trade the trusty ole warrior....

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is sad :-( Cause i know that just b/c those r new atvs, the banshee is a lil hated on... even though its probably the best quad out there. I think they havent changed it b/c if nothing is wrong with it... dont change it. Except when it comes to aftermarket parts. And you know with all the aftermarket parts for banshee, if they put them on there (to where it would cost the same as Raptor or cannondale) it would diffentaly kick.

just my .02

~Goot
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Yah it stinks and is giving you a headache it's a desil
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my feelings as well Goot...you hit the nail on the head

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'93 Banshee, '88 Quadracer
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 03:20 AM
cleartoy

Since ive owned a Banshee, i have always seen in the mags, how they down play the Banshee.

They always show photos of people riding Banshees flipping over, stuck, or bending axles.

The mags always tout the negatives of the Banshees like NO low end torque, stiff throttle, trash suspension, poor suspension geometry, ect....

How bout how killer the mid to top end hit is and how that makes it an excellent duner? How bout with a twist throttle, it is easy on the hands.....wider arms.ect....Oh thats right, we are comparing stock machines right? Well, i think i should stop talkin if thats the case. Everybody modifies Banshees, so i think there are alot of different angles to look at it from.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2001, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I D K what they say about the shee, i would take a banshee over a freakin big arse bombardier anyday...the banshee is a lot easier to modify too...

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2001, 02:16 AM
raptor_rider

here is a pic of the article in Dirt wheels on the Banshee, I thought it was pretty cool even if the Banshee came in last

Ride hard, Lifes short
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-456057-Image-02.JPG (66.9 KB, 48 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, when i read the part about it havin more after market parts than the other 4 all together i was amazed.

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode