Warrrior jetting - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Warrrior jetting

Okay, I've put a Big Gun head pipe and silencer on my new Warrior, I've also put a Pro Design Pro Flow adapter and silencer and drilled a few holes in my airbox. Everthing I've read on this board and other information advises to re-jet to my condition. I've checked the sprakplug a few times after I've ran full throttle through a few gears, half throttle, and just putting around. It pretty well looks good( not white indicating lean). It does develop a miss in high rpm's, possibly starving the engine, when it didnt before. This tells me the main jet needs to go up at least one size even though spark plug color does not indicate this. Any advice. I attempted to take the bottom of the float bowl off the other day and they must have had tools from another planet to put those phillips head screws in there cause I cant get them out. 'Spose they loctited 'em from the factory. If so what to do to get them out. I understand loctite is pretty much mandatory on a single cylinder four stroke. Is there a product out there that cuts loctite so you can remove small screws without stripping them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 09:50 AM
cleartoy

Re: Warrrior jetting

FMF says with just an exhaust, 150 main. If KN filter and open airbox, 155/165. Try it out and check the plug.

As for the float bowl screws...for the first time, just take the carb off the vehicle, and get a good phillips screwdriver. Hit it with a hammer as you twist.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 02:41 PM

i put vice grips on the on the head of the screws to get them off...i have a 157 main in my piped and no air box lidded warrior..so maybe a 155?

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 03:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks cleartoy and WW, I got the carb off and with a little tapping, i got the float bowl off. Replaced the stock jet with a 152.5. Seems to have even more bottom end and I havnt got to get out and let it breath yet (kids are napping, big gun much loader). I discovered why I might be getting a false plug reading, the little clear rubber doohickie on the bottom of the airbox was full of filter oil. May have gotten a little too much filter oil on the filter. Thanks again for all your help, I cant beleive how much more power those changes gave me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode