Possible?!? and please save the comments i know .. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 04:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Possible?!? and please save the comments i know ..

this would be crazy
would it be possible to take a motorcycle frame like a dirt bike frame and put a motor out of a honda 200s three wheeler in it. i went to a place today and the guy has a million motorcycle frames complete but no motor. he has a cr 250 or 500 frame and a lot of older yamaha's and honda frames and a couple of kawasaki and some ancient suzuki frames. my plan is to pick up a good frame from this guy for like cheap, and get the motor from my cuz's cuz. but could i get the motor in there. now i am sure yall are going to laugh but this could be a bike for like 100 bucks or 200 bucks. anyhow anyhelp is appreciated.

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Possible?!? and please save the comments i know ..

Dude, i don't know...atv engines are so wide, it would be hard to line the the counter sprocket....

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 07:21 PM
deepnsteeP

Can do anything with a little metal and some ambition. I don't think it would be too bad at all. Just getting those sprockets lined up and maybe the choke and trottle cables, but otherwise, just makin some brakets and that should be about it.

If it hurts, soak it in cider!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 07:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ddin't think about the sprocket idea

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 09:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

this sounds like a reasonably possible project really. it is defineatly something worth looking into and maybe if the 200 engine wont work something else will.

where are you located? i would like to pick up a YZ 250 or 125 frame (preferably a YZ but would probably take a CR if in good shape and the price was right) with no motor like that. is the motor all that is missing? what years are they? does he have titles for the frames? if you dont care to share the info, please let me know, i am interested in one if they are cheap enough, i know where an early '90's banshee motor is sitting that needs a topend rebuild that could probably be had pretty cheap... thanks man

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'93 Banshee, '88 Quadracer
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

but look how wide a banshee motor is?! I am confused, i would like to see it done...

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 10:24 PM

anything is possible witha torch and imagination

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 11:29 PM
raptor_rider

thats right the imagination goes a long way

the Idea of a 200s motor in a bike makes more sence than a Banshee motor but anythings pos. I would think the 200s would be a little under powered but should work out to be a great trail bike, the Banshee motor on the other hand would have to be in a bike frame that the engine sat forward and had a bald tire, just think of the power band kicking in on that thing WWWOOOWWW

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 06:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah they are wide but like the others said anything is possible. it might look funny but i bet she would fly!

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2001, 06:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

talk about power to weight ratio with a 250 frame and the banshee motor. it would be a serious ride not for the weak at heart i would guess [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode