Quiet Exhaust Systems - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Quiet Exhaust Systems

Hey guys, i am looking for a quiet exhaust system for my '88 Quadracer. has anyone heard the way a stock 2001 Yamaha Blaster sounds? this is the sound that i am looking for...its quieter than most of the big four strokes that are out there. is what i am looking for out there or am i SOL?

here is the lowdown as to why i am wanting a quiet pipe...i hunt and fish in some areas where a 4x4 quad is not needed and a 2 wheel drive is all that is needed. i am thinking that if i can find a quiet enough pipe i will just order a set of Maxxis All Tracks in 25x8x12 fronts and 25x12x12 rears on steel rims for my quadracer and use it to go to these places and still have plenty of speed. (after adjusting my gearing if needed) i would get the bigger tires for the added ground clearance and keep the tires and rims i have on there now to use for sport riding around here. so let me know what you think...if i cant find a pipe that is quiet enough it looks like i will be getting rid of my Banshee in favor of a used Warrior or a used Wolverine.

thanks guys.

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'93 Banshee, '88 Quadracer
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 02:13 AM
raptor_rider

Re: Quiet Exhaust Systems

I dont know about the exhaust system your looking for but I do know if your riding a loud bike it will attract the deer (curiosity) only until you shut it off then they run, so just keep it running and the deer will come to you

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 06:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have experienced this situation both ways, and its not really always going to happen one way or the other everytime. plus i was looking for the quieter pipe out of respect for the others that will be out there hunting and fishing.

new question or idea: if i cant find a system that is quiet enough, do you think its possible to put the stock silencer off of a 2001 Yamaha Blaster on the header pipe that i have for my quadracer? off course i would have to rejet, just wondering if it will work. i havent looked at the two pipes yet to see if they will hook up, it will most likely consist of fabricating some custom silencers mounts.

also do you think going with 25" or even 26" tires all the way around will hurt the gearing? will i need a lower gear or a higher or will the same work just have gaps in the power? will the bigger tires put a more of a strain on the drivetrain of the quad?

sorry for rambling on like a fool, i am just thinking outloud here, so anyone can tell me to shutup anytime [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ok guys, just let me know what you think about any of this or anything else really [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 04:12 PM

you would rpobaly deifately need to regear...and with big tires it would go through bearings faster..

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 04:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i figured a regear would be necesary. i wouldnt keep the big wheels on there 100% of the time, probably only around 25-30% of the time. do you mean wheel bearings? if not, which bearings do you mean? i hadnt really thought about that one... thanks man

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 04:17 PM

yeah wheel bearings

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 04:23 PM

just had a though...the tires might rub on the fenders...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 04:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what is your stock tire sizes?

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 09:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i dont think that 27" or 28" tires would rub in the back, there is plenty of room back there, now the front is a little different...there is some room but not tons like the back. nothing a little trimming couldnt fix [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

how do you think a stock silencer off of a 2000 blaster would work on the pipe that i have? or would it mess up the motor? i have got to get the quad down quiet enough first before i spend any cash on the tires. thanks.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

not sure what the stock sizes are but i have 21x7x10's up front and 22x12x9 on the rear right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode