k&n jet kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

k&n jet kit

trying to get me recon up to speed
i am ordering 24 inch tires more top end, and a pipe to help compensate for the bigger tires. a jet kit crossed my mind. i went to rocky mountain atv and looked at a jet kit and what scared me was the drill bit! what is the bit for.
also, on bikes like the banshee, 400ex and other sport bikes i have heard that tuning is required very frequently when a pipe and jet kit is put on. will this be the story for my recon or will it not play as big a role because it is not putting out as much horsepower as the sport bikes wtih mods. either way the tires and the pipe are soon on there way put the jet kit is in the air still, so any help on the jet kit is appreciated

p.s. isn't it the same as bigger jets, why do you pay 44 bucks for a coulpe of jets?

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 01:47 AM
raptor_rider

Re: k&n jet kit

I use DYNOJET instead of K&N , but thats just my personal preferance, although they dont come with a drill bit!!!

If you jet and tune your ride right the first time you shouldnt have to mess with it very often NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, I only have to tune my Banshee once a year and thats all I should have to do my Raptor
thats all you should have to worry about yourself
Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 09:51 AM
cleartoy

The "kits" always seem rather expensive. Just find out what you have, how it performs now, after the exhaust, and go richer from there.

Everything needs to have the correct fuel mixture.

You can buy individual jets seperately.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

so the kn kit is basically larger jets?

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 10:10 PM
raptor_rider

larger jets and smaller meatering rods

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 06:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i personally wouldnt go for the jet kit, to expensive for what you get. just see how it is jetted now when you put your pipe on it, and adjust your jets accordingly...jets are only about $5 a piece, so you could only get what you need and save some cash. hope this helps

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
'93 Banshee, '88 Quadracer
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

new idea:
may save money and get a older 250x or 300ex or a dirt bike like a kx 100 or something that needs some work, where i live i have seen some good looking 250x's and 300ex for under 2000, and brand new kx100's for about 2200. so i am hoping to get something that needs some work for like anywhere from 500-1000 bucks. but i may just hook my recon up but it looks like bike time for me.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

just a hint in the sport quad types...if you decide to get a second quad get one bigger than you think you will need...take the 300ex for example...you will ride it for a couple of months and then be wishing you had got that 400ex. now bikes are a totally different arena...around here you can pickup a early to mid 90's bike that is in great shape (125cc 2 stroke MX bike from any of the manufactures like honda, yama, suzuki, kawi) for around $1000 with no problems in good to great running condition, you just have to look for the deal. i bought my old '87 CR125R that had a fresh topend and new Pro-Circuit exhaust and new plastic on it for $950. then i burnt up the clutch on it and had to put a new one in it, but that was after a year of hard riding on it. you just got to look around and find the deal. dang man, now you got me wanting a MX bike now! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Chris </font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>{Gravity} - Some people have no respect for the law!</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 12:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah that would be the problem with like the 250x and the 300ex cause i have ridden several 400ex's and those things are real go getters. i checked in a magazine in my area called the "Carolina Bargain Trader" in it are bucnhes of stuff people are selling from cars trucks bikes quads to campers boats jet ski's the works and in there there are some bikes new 2 strokes for like under or around a grand.

it's bike time again

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2001, 12:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i say go for it...it doesnt matter what you are riding, just as long as you are riding

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode