might get banshee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2001, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

might get banshee

was at the yammy dealer today and saw a nice 80s banshee (it had j arms) for sale...the guy said he wanted 1800 for it and ir has a fresh big bore kit on it (90 over so its a 380) he said it would need new bushings soon and it is missing one light...other than that and tires it is stock..what do yall think? 90 over seems like alot to me will this make the thing too unreliable? thanks for any input

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2001, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: might get banshee

don't know for shure but iknow that 60 over in a car is alot. over heating may be a problem on long sessions.

<font color=red>pavement sucks,putem in the mud.</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=blue>81 datsun 720 4x4</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2001, 11:32 PM
cleartoy

I believe .090 is the largest over bore, so you may need new sleeves once this top end wears out.

cooling may be a factor, so get a Toomey Radiator and Pro Design water impeller.

For $1800 how could you go wrong?

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats exactly what i was thinking.

<font color=red>pavement sucks,putem in the mud.</font color=red> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=blue>81 datsun 720 4x4</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 03:15 AM
raptor_rider

thats what I was thinking too

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah, that is EXACTLY what i was thinking too...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I <font color=blue>WOULD</font color=blue> have been <font color=blue>RELATED</font color=blue> to you, but that <font color=blue>DAMN</font color=blue>dog beat me up the <font color=blue>STAIRS</font color=blue> to your <font color=blue>MOTHER</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 04:24 PM
portgrinder

i almost think it would run cooler as it wouild have more power=less revving and thinner water jackets=more efficient heat transfer. i dunno though?

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

i think my bro is gonna go look at it tomorrow...what are spots on the frame to check for cracks? and other things to check for? the way it looks it isnt going to be *my* banshee it will be my brothers beacuse his 300ex is worth less so he will probably get the banshee cuz it is cheap and i will sell my warrior and get a newer banshee...but i will still get to ride it!!! bwahaha..if he gets it of course...well see monday...oh and the cylender has been bored out and new sleeves have been put in..so that should leave more room for over bores right?..thanks

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 10:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That thing will have plenty of power, you can't get many more CC's out of the new sleeves i don't think, he should be happy with it now i would think...especially when he gets done riding it and his arms are sore[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I <font color=blue>WOULD</font color=blue> have been <font color=blue>RELATED</font color=blue> to you, but that <font color=blue>DAMN</font color=blue>dog beat me up the <font color=blue>STAIRS</font color=blue> to your <font color=blue>MOTHER</font color=blue>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 10:54 AM
cleartoy

IF its been resleeved, you would think it would have more over bores on it. At .090 though, im not so sure. I thought .080 was the max overbore.

So after putting a new exhaust on your Warrior, you crave more power? Just wondering cuz my girl has a 98 Warrior, and shees lookin for more power.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode