MIkuni model - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 10:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

MIkuni model

My '01 Warrior has a Mikuni carb model BTM36SH. How's come I cant find any info on this carb on the Mikuni website. Its lists a TM 36 but it sure doesnt look like the one on my quad. The reason I'm asking is to order some jets and I can order the jets off of a local polaris dealer but he doesnt know what kind of jets to order 'cause he cant find a BTM36SH either. I dont want to drive an hour to order them from the Yamaha dealer. Also, where can I find a manual for this carb as I am going to change the jets myself and need to know how without completely tearing down the carb. Can i change the main jet without taking the carb off the engine? Etc...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2001, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: MIkuni model

I have a 1990 warrior and it's pretty easy to change the main jet. First off - unless you are putting on a performance pipe/exhaust you may be able to get away with not changing. I say this because for about 7 years (prior to putting a pipe on) I was able to go from sea level to 5000 ft all the time without changing the main jet - it ran fine - always).

I dont know if yam has changed the carb since - I doubt it.

If ya change the main jet:

Remove fuel line from tank petcock.
Loosen hose clamp on carb intake and move airbox snorkel out of the way (kinda "squish" it).
Remove two 12mm nuts holding carb to head.
Pull carb back and rotate 90° (to expose bottom of bowl).
Remove 4 bowl screws and pull off bowl - gently.
The main jet is right in the middle - remove with flat tip screwdriver.
That's it....

Good luck

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 02:00 AM
raptor_rider

Re: MIkuni model

once you have followed the instructions above , you will find a munber on the jet you just took out , you will know what you want to do from there (bigger or smaller) and all mikuni carbs use the same type jets , they are just different sizes that all

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode