Used Polaris '99 Magnum 500??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Used Polaris \'99 Magnum 500???

Hi! I'm new to the site. I'm thinking of purchasing my first ATV and I've done some research, but was wanting some experienced opinions!! I found a used '99 Polaris Magnum 500 4X4 with snow blade. The quad seems to be in good shape, but was wondering if I should go with Polaris. I hear alot of bad things about them. If not, I was thinking of buying the new Honda rubicon. I'm a farmer and am wanting something with some pulling power and to push snow with. Also Is there much difference between the Sportsman 500HO and this '99 Magnum?? Thank You!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 02:22 AM
raptor_rider

Re: Used Polaris \'99 Magnum 500???

I have several quads and one of them is a Polairis , I dont have any problems with mine , I do think its alittle heavy, but other than that I dont have any complaints.

As far as I know there isnt much dif. between the two afore mentioned quads , the 500 ho is alittle stronger but that is all, but in the same turn , the Magnum should have plenty of power for what your going to do with it

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 11:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the reply. Anybody else have anything to say? They only want $4600.00 for the quad and that includes the blade. With only 100 and some miles and with the rack extensions and the nice Polaris storage box on the back, plus the front and rear tube bumpers, I didn't think it was too bad. I still like the Rubican though. What a tough decision!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 12:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

simple...get both! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i would go with the Polaris, it sounds like a nice ride.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Polaris would have the 4x4 Utility king if their quads fall apart. Early polaris' had mechanical problems, but now are much more relible. Their is a difference between the magnum and sportsman HO. The magnum is a straight axle machine, while the HO has IRS. The magnum is lighter, they have similar engines, but the sportsman has a redesigned 500 with 20% more power. I would take a serious look into the polaris, it will be a good quad to you

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2001, 02:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

KingQuad said it all...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2001, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I do my research...the guys at ATV Time teach me well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode