3 to 4-wheel Conversion Kits - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 10:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

3 to 4-wheel Conversion Kits

Anyone have any experience with one of the above mentioned conversion kits? A friend of mine just picked up a Tri-Z 250 for cheap, but would like to see about making it a 4-wheeler. I told him I wasn't sure if the kits were any good (I think they bolt on, which would scare the hell out of me). Anyone know anything about these? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 12:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 3 to 4-wheel Conversion Kits

oh man, a Tri-Z 250 would be so sweet. is it running good? i would love to have a Tri-Z or a ATC250R. i have never heard of a conversion kit like you mention, what i have heard of is a kit that changes a 4 wheeler into a reverse 3 wheeler. i think it was made by Mike Tryke. sorry i couldnt help ya

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 01:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard about these things, and they just sound like they aren't worth it. I bet you would just be better off buying a four wheeler, or a rolling chassis, then putting the motor on it that you want. No matter what, if you do this, it will be pretty inbred.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 01:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree. I believe the front forks are wasted, but the engine kicked over fine. I guess he would probably be better off trying to rebuild it back to what it was. Thanks for the input.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 01:45 PM

If i remember correctly, they cost over $1000. i seen an article somewhere on it. they come with new front rims, tires, front frame that welds on, a-arms, shocks, and stearing parts. it was on, i think, atvconnection.com....

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
'88 Kawasaki Mojave (FOR SALE)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 03:49 PM

yeah atvconnection had one

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

3 wheelers are wheelie kings! If it's the forks that are the problem, I would look one ebay. I saw forks for a Honda ATC 250 on there for $50 and they looked brand new, and had a hub and axle. An aluminum wheel and nearly brand new tire was being sold right around it for aoub $10. I don't know about the Tri-moto's, but if you could find one on e-bay, I think that would be the way to go. Another idea would be to find the forks off of a ATC 250, and just get the front frame off of a 250 then weld the front part in the Tri frame, unless the bearings are all the same. Also look in salvage yards.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My neighbore had one for his old moto-4 3-wheeler, i looked at it at first and told the guy he was full of crap when he told me it was a conversion kit, made in to a quad, it looked unreal, but i didn't take a real good look at the frame to see what he did.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode