pipe and other questions for the raptor!!!!???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 05:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

pipe and other questions for the raptor!!!!????

Hi!

I've decided that I'm going to get a 2001 black and white raptor with 12t front sprocket, 41t rear sprocket, + 1" forward + 2" a-arms, +4" axle, new front shocks and either a +2" or +4" swing arm. I'm having a hard time deciding on which pipe to get either
the big gun full race series exhaust, the graydon proline full exhaust, or the fmf power core 4 silencer with the power bomb header. I have questions:

1. Which one is most reliable and durable(that doesn't leak or anything like that)?

2. Which one gains the most horsepower and torque throughout the whole power band ( mainly in low to mid range because I want to get rid of the big gap between first and second)?

3. Which ones are the loudest?

4. Which one is the most expensive?

Also I need your honest opinion on what I am going to get.

1. With the 1" forward +2" a-arms, +4" axle, 12t and 41t front and rear sprockets, either the +2 or +4" swing arm, new shocks and exhaust system that I choose after I hear your guys opinions I need to knew if my raptor will be stable in corners and still be able to do power slides and wheelies?

2. Should I go with the +2" or +4" swing arms, I will be riding in trails and pretty much more than dunes, I was wondering which one will be better for my riding areas and will the +2" swing arm keep the front end down on hill climbs and normal riding. The reason that I am asking is because I don't really want to go all the way to +4" swing arm but if the +2" swing arm won't do its job and keep the front end down than I will.

3. I know that I will lose alot of top end with the 12t and the 41t front and rear sprockets so will say like 23" and 22" front and rear maxxis razrs 6-ply tires gain the top end back, but also with the bigger tires will I still be able to do the power slides?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S.
Sorry for all the questions but I really want to be safe in riding and I want my quad to be perfect.

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 04:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: pipe and other questions for the raptor!!!!????

Please help I really need as much info as possible!!!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 05:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry i cant help, i dont know much about the aftermarket stuff for the raptors.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 02:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks,but do u know some one who does??Please guys I really need your info!!!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I will buy your stock A-arms from you, I bent one of mine this weekend.

Yaaah they come to Roost the Rooster oh yaaah, yaaah but he ain't goanna die, he rides the Raptor yah, OH Yaaaaaaah, and he is goanna fly.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 02:57 AM
raptor_rider

If I were you I wouldnt gear both the front and rear , I would only go with the rear , I think by gearing both you will have it geared way to low, it has tons of bottom end power anyway! and if you go smaller with the front , you will wear out the chain guide faster and its hard on chains, plus you wont have to go bigger on tires, HeLL run the stock tires till there worn out then get the MAXXIS RAZR's thats what I'm doing and I realy like the stock RADIALS now that I'm widend

As far as the pipe , I went with GYT-R , but from what I here , there isnt that much of a differance from one to another (not like a 2 smoke)

now as far as the swing arm , Personaly , I want to go 2" not 4" but if you do decide to gear it front and rear , then you will want to go 4" , and NO it wont hurt its trail ability by widening it, it will help , you will be able to power slide easier, and you will corner faster, without tipping

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 03:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for your reply!!!How much low end power did u gain with the GYT-R muffler and does it have any reliability or durability issues such as leakage or any thing like that??If anyone has any more info about the questions above or the GYT-R muffler it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,
Dan

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 04:30 AM
raptor_rider

you hear of a gap in the gearing between 1st and 2nd , well with the pipe and jets I dont feel the gap any more, the only thing I dont like about the GYT-R pipe is the way its mounted, it doesnt leak, but I did have to put a little screw in it to keep it from sliding off, other than that I LOVE IT

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 04:32 AM
raptor_rider

Oh , scence I piped the Raptor , I didnt feel the need to change gearing , but if I were in the sand ALOT I would consider it

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2001, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the Graydon and Big Gun and my brother has a DMC. The Big Gun is the best for low and mid. DMC revs a touch higher, but lacks the low end and the Graydon is somewhere in between. All three are full exhausts!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode