Wife's bike - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 07:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wife\'s bike

I'm thinking about a quad for my wife, and want some opinions. She had a y2k 300ex, but just cant get the hang of the clutch. So any thoughts have to be geared to auto clutch or auto trans. Her riding will be split 50/50 between trails and dunes. She is a total novice and not aggressive at all. Any ideas are appreciated, especially if you have experience with this type of quad. Thanks for the input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wife\'s bike

No experience with it, but mabye a Polaris Scrambler, 400 or 500? They seem pretty cool, especially for and auto.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 02:52 AM
raptor_rider

I have a Polairis Trailblazer for those in my family who cant use a clutch, they all seen to enjoy it, I personaly think it lacks alittle in the power department, but then again I ride a Raptor and a Banshee, the Trailblazer is compatable to the power of a Blaster, so if you think thats not enough I would go with the scrambler 400

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You should buy her the new honda 250ex semi automatic and an automatic clutch.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 08:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i would first recommend a Polaris Trailblazer, its a 250cc 2 stroke. like the others have said if you dont think thats enough, look into a Scrambler 400 or 500, but if she is riding a 300ex right now, i would say she could do good on the Trailblazer. hope this helps.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 03:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the trailblazer obviously lacks the top end speed of the 400 and 500 scramblers but the steering is quite a bit lighter making it very pleasant during trail riding. if she isn't aggressive and wouldn't miss the speed, she would probably enjoy the trailblazer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode