environmentalists and endangered species - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 04:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

environmentalists and endangered species

This letter was in the Daily Press newspaper this morning and was wondering what the people on this forum think.

Humans Only Doing What Comes Naturally<font color=black>

Re: Environmentalists and Endangered Species

Environmentalists who bemoan the potential loss of a species, such as the desert tortoise, ignore the fact that extinction is a natural process. An estimated 99.9 per cent of all species to ever exist on Earth have become extinct due to nature. Species struggle against and kill off other species in natural selection. And catastrophic but naturally occurring events have all but wiped out life on Earth multiple times in the past.

An environmentalist would read the above and become hysterical with the notion that we are short of "biological diversity." But there is no shortage of diversity because new species come into being regularly. The term species refers to a very narrow classification. Species arise with breeding and time because of the genetic variability inherent in all living things. Note that both evolutionists and creationists agree on this point. It's the higher order changes of kind that creationists dispute.

Species die out and come into being naturally. So, it's decidedly unnatural when environmentalists attempt to stop or reverse the process.

Environmentalists may argue that they are only trying to reverse the effects of man's "unnatural" impact. But that's a false argument because man is of nature. When man competes for resources to further his own species he is acting quite naturally.

No other species respects our trite notions of "endangered species." A mountain lion will kill an endangered animal as quickly as a non-endangered one. "Survival of the fittest." Environmentalists just can't handle the fact that man is the most fit to survive.

I do not contest that man has the right to save a species if he so desires. But I do contest the silly notion that saving a species is about helping nature. No it's about us, and is done for our purposes in violation of the natural order. I also contest the notion that saving endangered species must be done in all cases and at all costs.

Human rights, liberty, and well being--in short, our own species-- must come first. To put another species above our own is most unnatural. As is the philosophy of environmental extremists.

86 lt250r, 88 lt250r and 01 300ex[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] and son's 00 xr80[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 04:46 PM
GTA

Re: environmentalists and endangered species

I couldn't help but reply to this. It's one thing to protect nearly extinct animals from poachers or other inhumane acts, but nature is just that; a natural occurance of events. "Live and let die."

Gearheads do it greasy!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am with that...everybody sees all these trails on hillclimbs and stuff, and my woods, but they don't realize over 5000 bikes have been through these trails!! 30 years of enduro each year, with over 300 bikes each time, what do you think is gonna happen?

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Enviromentalists suck, did i mention thet they were going to build a ymca by me, had the land set aside, plans drawn up, and all the funding and everything. who wouldn't want a ymca, well guess who objected and has now stopped it from happining, tree huggers complaining that they can't chop down trees to build the place.
What else did they do.... oh we have a tanger mall by me, now this is a huge outlet type center that was built in three phases, but due to the endangered "fire salamander" and it's "nobal" protecters, the last two sections had to be altered to leave a habitat for these creatures that some people use as bait to fish around here. The only good thing to come out of that is that i built a race track where the mall is now, and the delay let me ride it for a little longer.
There are lots of other things they also fcdup around here but it's time to eat over here so i'll end my post now.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 10:07 PM

gah i hate greenies...im not going to get started..

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 12:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

TREE NAZI'S.....TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

01' Raptor
01' Scrambler 500 4x4
85' CJ-7
96' Grand Cherokee
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 01:39 AM
deepnsteeP

I guess ya gotta look at this one as if we as humans are animals and part of nature or if we are a species in a totally different from all other animals. If ya look at us as animals, then ya, it is natural selection. If you look at it the other way though, we do impact nature in a bad way sometimes. I dunno about you guys, but I would hate to see elk or deer become extinct because of over hunting or something to that effect that can be prevented. I hope these critters are around as long as I live so I can hunt 'em!!!

If it don't go Vrrrooom Vrrrooom, I don't want it!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 10:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

To bad the Enviro Nazis couldn't be an endangered species ROFL.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 11:06 AM

but then we couldnt hunt them...

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode