cluttered trails - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 02:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

cluttered trails

Does anyone out here have this problem. You go riding out on the trails by your home and you're coming up a hill pretty fast and just as you get to the top you hit the brakes because some dip$hit dropped a truckful of junk right in the middle of the trail. My son almost became a member of the Over the Bars Club[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] because of some illegal dumper dropping his [email protected] in the middle of the night. I just had to vent since my son just got his ankle cast off last week and today was the first day he got to ride and that happens. Anybody out here please share your experiences.

86 lt250r, 88 lt250r and 01 300ex[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] and son's xr80[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 07:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: cluttered trails

i guess i am lucky cause i havent ran into much of that. the only places we really ride though are on some private farms that let us ride and the organized MX tracks. there are 2 mountain trail areas that we ride every so often that have several campsites along them and if people leave there trash bags out the animals will get into them and scatter them around. we did run into one situation on that mountain trail where we were stopped and warned about some enviro scattering nails out in the trail, but that was a few years back and nothing has happened since then. sorry to hear you had encounter, hope all goes well.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Because of the spaciousness of the desert here it seems a lot of people think no one will notice their junk they dumped in the middle of the night, but the thing is they always pick well traveled dirt roads and atv trails to leave their stuff. If anyone on this forum happens to live in the Victor Valley, Apple Valley or Hesperia areas then they see a lot of this. The majority of the stuff I see is old couches, construction material or just plain household trash.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 08:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Never had that problem, lots of trees and stuff, i ran into a freakin gas tank from a truck on the trails once, and yes, i was a member of the over the bars club, hurt my thumbs bad. I just beat the crap out of the object with my fists, and when they hurt to much, my feet, then i just pick it up, move it, and be on my way. I don't recomend tryin that though[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

For a while there were some guys dumping loads of woodchips in the powerline trails by my house. They were about 4 to six feet high each and after a while i found out you can jump them. I had alot of fun, but recently they tractored over the whole trail to for some work they are going to do over there and everything is flat now.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 02:59 AM
raptor_rider

the only time I've run into that situation is when I was at the dunes in Moses lake, I had some drunks yelling and driving there truck past our camp all night long, so the next morning (early) I jumped on my Banshee (LOUD) and ripped through there camp woke them all up , they were alittle hung over so they packed up camp and were leaving when I went back,seen a HUGE mess they left behind, I then chased them, made then come back and clean up the beer bottles,trash etc. etc.

It just amazes me as to how much trash people leave behind when out riding at the ORV park or the dunes

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 08:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

buncha lazy bastards.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 02:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I wish I could have seen that Raptor Rider, hell I would have joined you on my noisiest lt. They got a dose of their own medicine and probably didn't like it. As for trash I hope you gave them lots of sh*t about it. Only been to Glamis once and loved it and it really amazes me that even though there are people always telling you if you pack it in you pack it out they still leave their garbage and yes Joshisnuckinfutz I agree with you they are lazy bastards. Makes you wonder what the inside of their homes looks like if they do that.

86 lt250r, 88 lt250r and 01 300ex[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] and son's xr80[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 08:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would love to got to the dunes, but don't have the machine for it, an XR200 would be the laughing stock...;( (sniff..sniff..). Hopefully some day i will go there, i would go to watch even, just find a huge excitement point, where everybody is and watch.

WARNING
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 12:45 AM
deepnsteeP

I've seen some loggin roads in western montana that they (the Forest Service I think) are trenching in so you can't go any further with a vehicle. Not too big of a prob though fer a bike or four wheeler.

If it don't go Vrrrooom Vrrrooom, I don't want it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode