Honda 450es power - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 12:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Honda 450es power

Can anyone tell me the best way to increase my power output on my 2000 450es Foreman? I put 26" super Swamper Vampires on it and it is now lacking in the power department.

Also I have been reading some posts about the reliability of the electric shift. Mine somstimes will not shift, not even try. I at first thought it was from being wet this winter while plowing snow, but it does it now in dry conditions. All connections seem tight, battery voltage good, didn't take shift buttons apart to check them. I use a wrench to shift it to finish what I am doing and after it sits awhile, it seems to work allright for long periods of time. You never know when it will malfunction or when it will start working again. Very frustrating. I bought it used so dealer help is non existant without $35 hour troubleshooting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Honda 450es power

the only problem with big wheel kits is that they suck the power out of the quad. the super swampers are heavy tires and thats where your power loss came from. you could do the usual airfilter and pipe it to try to help it some. you could also leave the airbox lid off while you are doing that, another guy on here did that to his Recon and he reported that he had alot of power increase just from leaving the lid off. if you do any of these mods always do a plug test to check the jetting.

i have no idea about your electric shifter problem, other than looking at the connections inside the shift buttons. maybe someone else on here can help you out on that one. hope all this helps somehow.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 07:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Honda 450es power

http://www.highlifter.com should have some Go parts for your Honda.

SPEED KILLS BUT YA GET THERE FASTER

KTM 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode