help!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

help!!!!!!

i am going to be purchasing a honda 250ex.
i am going to wait till june to get it for the 2002 quad or should i purchase the 2001
will it drop in price?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 12:17 AM
raptor_rider

Re: help!!!!!!

It should stay the same in price

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: help!!!!!!

Well, I'll tell you what I would do. The '01 and '02 250ex are the same exact price, everything. The ONLY difference that I found between them was that the new '02 250ex is available in yellow. With that in mind, I would buy the '01. I know you might think that the '02 is newer=better, but you could probably get a pretty good deal on the '01 now or very soon because I bet the dealerships are parting out any that they have, which equals sale. So, what I am saying is that you might be able to get a better deal on the '01. Or, you could pay an extra $900, and get the 300ex. Some good things about the 300 is chain drive-the shaft drive on the 250ex adds up do a lot of weight. The 300ex has manual clutch-250ex has automatic. With the 300ex, you get .6 inches more travel in front suspension, but 2.2 inches more travel in the rear. The 300ex has hydraulic disc in the rear-250ex has manual drum. The 300ex is .6 inches shorter, but 1.7 inches wider, .9 inches taller, 1 inch longer wheelbase, but shorter seat height buy 1 inch. The 300ex also has 1 inch less ground clearance, 1 inch longer turning radius, also 28 pounds heavier. And the fuel tank also holds half a gallon less of gasoline. With this in mind, I believe that a '01 300ex would be the best choice if you have the money, and if you don't, I would go with a '01 250ex.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode