Weekend Riding - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 07:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Weekend Riding

hey guys, had a good time riding this weekend, nothing went wrong and it was just a good weekend. did anyone else have fun riding? i did get to ride this guys Scrambler 500 4x4 that went with us for the first time, and let me say that i was surprised. he still had the stock exhaust on it. he did put a K&N airfilter on it, a spring kit in the clutch, and a cam in the engine (i am not sure what kind it was, he didnt say) and ITP .190 aluminum rims with Holeshots all the way around. it was a very fast ride, the fastest 4x4 i have been on. it wasnt as blistering as a banshee, but it was quick and came out of the whole pretty good with the clutch kit on it and if you goosed it hard and kinda pulled on the handlebars the front end would come up quite nicely. overall i was pleased with the ride and would recommend one to anyone who is looking for a fast 4x4.

so what did all you guys get into?

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 04:54 PM

Re: Weekend Riding

didnt get to ride..hopefully my brake stuff will come in before next weekend so i can get the full riding fun in..

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 05:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

didn't get to ride, but I almost finished re-building my new ride. so the weekend turned out pretty good.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CDK, when was the last time you rode your banshee?

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 08:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

oh i fire it up every 2 days and take it for a couple of short sprints about that much. here lately i have been riding it more and more everytime though. a bunch of us are thinking of doing a big run to a local MX track this coming saturday and i am thinking about taking the shee then as well. i do ride it, but usually when we go to the tracks or trails i will take the blaster. my wife is kinda learning how to ride on the blaster and it scares me a little, because i am thinking she is going to try to take it if she gets used to it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 08:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

But you like the blaster better? That is weird, but it is your decision. What is it about a 'shee that you don't like?

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 08:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well its not that i dont like the banshee, i love the banshee and i love the blaster. the blaster is just so much fun to ride. at this point i dont know if i like one better than the other, at the time that i was going to try to sell my banshee i did like the blaster better, but now i dont know for sure. i took care of the truck problem without having to sell either one and i am glad that i didnt have to. right now if i had to sell one or the other, it would be a coin toss. next week who knows? hopefully i wont have to sell either one. you know what i mean?

the 2 are made for different things, and after riding on the banshee and getting on the blaster i find myself missing the power that the banshee puts out. does any of this make sense? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 06:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO OFF-ROADERS!! That is sweet that you got the problem fixed with the truck, now aren't you happy you had second thoughts about selling one of them?? Have fun.

WARNING
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 10:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah i am glad i didnt have to sell either one of them. how is your XR200 coming? hope all goes well with it.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Takin it up to the neighbors this weekend, he works on small engines, i am prob just gonna slip him $50 to like $80 bucks to do it, plus i am gonna stay and watch, so i hope it all works out.

WARNING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode