current project - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

current project

Here is my current project,for those interested in an update. It's almost done, and totally rideable, i just have one tie rod to replace, a little plastic work, and then to correct the jetting. Anyway check out the pict.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-431476-lt250rsd.jpg (34.9 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 09:52 PM

Re: current project

sweet action man! that pipe looks like it is LOUD!!

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It was verryloud when I first bought the bike, someone befor me "cut out the spark arrestor" as I was told. Well i found out that this ment that someone cut out the baffle and just put the end cap back on, and how did I found this out, by blowing the end cap out of the muffler compleatly. Any how the exhaust was basically free-flowing out the pipe with no restrictions the whole time, and it was so loud that i was having a hard time riding it at the DB's it was putting out. I got lucky, it turned out i was able to buy just the baffle for $20 instead of a whole new pipe. right now i would put it just a little louder than a blown out stock pipe, but with a pleasent growl to it, and not quite as loud as my friends 400ex with his fmf set up.

ktmbk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-431509-lt250tfrnt.jpg (68.1 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 10:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

that is sweet! man i want one!

~Goot
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Yah it stinks and is giving you a headache it's a desil
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 12:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

is that a quadracer or a quadsport? 4 stroke or 2 stroke? what kind of exhaust is that? the reason i ask is my buddy that bought my old '88 quadracer is wanting a new exhaust setup and that one looks sweet. i was just going to suggest it to him. that frame and wheels look good, are you getting new plastics? that is going to be one sweet looking ride man. thanks.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Life is short, RIDE HARD!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 08:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That thing looks mean man, four stroke? I see the cobra exhaust i think, and skinny pipe.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 11:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think its a quad sport 4 stroker.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 06:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CDK - It's a sport, Which is a four stroke. That's a cobra pipe, the quiter version not the reverse megaphone version. It won't work on a racer, but there are lot's of pipes out there that will, so your friend should have no problem finding one. Thanks to everyone who likes it, i took alot of time on the frame/chasis. It took alot of work, every bearing has been replaced on the frame at this point.
The rims were just a quick spray, I was taking off the red paint someone had put on them, and I went too long in spots and also took off the gold finish in places, that reminds me, who ever wanted to know how to take off the stock gold finish off their rims, use a sand blaster, it works really good for that.
As for the plastic, i am in the process of repairing the fronts, which i am planning to race cut, sand, and blast to clean up. I got a fair set of used rears, but they were painted and are peeling, so i will have to blast them as well. They started out as white, but after blasting they will probally be an greyish off-white.
i'll post another pict when i finish the plastics and have them on.

ktmbk
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 08:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

cool, thanks for the info. that is going to be one really sweet looking ride man, keep us posted.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode