How can I make my Blaster faster!?!?!? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How can I make my Blaster faster!?!?!?

Does anybody have any suggestions on how i can make my 1995 Blaster faster. I think she is way too slow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 04:14 PM

Re: How can I make my Blaster faster!?!?!?

a pipe is a good place to start...beyond that porting, bigger carb, head work, and bore kits work

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My friend has a bored it to a 230, put an fmf fatty pipe w/power core 2 silencer, it rips pretty good.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 08:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CDK357 would be a good guy to ask....he was one sweet decked out blaster, just talk to him i'm sure he can help you out.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is true, he has a 250 big bore kit, with an fmf pipe and silencer, and special reeds i think.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 12:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

its good to hear the good comments about my blaster [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

mine is a 2000 model and it does have the big bore kit on it (its actually 240cc's, but whos counting?) and a FMF Fatty pipe and a PowerCore II silencer with the FMF reeds and a UNI airfilter. it has a motion pro twist throttle and anything that could be taken off of it to save weight has been. it has a low CR type bend aluminum renthal handlebars, DG alloy series front bumper and rear grab bar and nerf bars, and a DG baja swingarm skid plate. it has shaved front fenders and one tooth smaller front sprocket. it had the new Holeshot MX tires on it, but i traded them off to a buddy of mine who wanted a smaller rear tire (the MX's are 18" and i wanted a 20" tire for top speed, and it did make a noticable difference). it now has Maxxis Razrs and i really like them. i am thinking of dumping my airbox lid and rejetting it, but i havent made up my mind yet.

sounds like a bunch, but its still a blaster. i love it so much that since i have gotten it i dont ride my banshee that much. on the MX tracks and the wooded trails i can keep up with the bigger quads (namely the warriors and 400ex's that ride with us). in a straight up drag race it will smoke a 300ex and stays right neck and neck with a '87 Honda 250r that rides with us and my old '88 Quadracer that a buddy of mine now has. and it is still the wheelie king of my riding group [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

any of these mods are a good place to start improvement, but if you are on a limited budget i would start with the FMF Fatty pipe and PowerCore II silencer, i think you can do them for under $300 and probably closer to $200. they will make it quite a bit louder than stock, my best friend has a 2001 blaster and his is so quite you cant hardly hear it run. hope some of this helps.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Life is short, RIDE HARD!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode