Raptor VS Zilla(look) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor VS Zilla(look)

Not the best picture, but, as you can see, the Raptor is ahead[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img].

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-430908-raptorvszilla.jpg (25.3 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Raptor VS Zilla(look)

that picture is just a prime example of how 90%of the race depends on the rider and not the bike, because a zilla with a skilled rider would piss all over the raptor all day long

89 Bronco XLT, V8 302, superwinch hubs, 31x10.50 trailhandlers
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is true big time, just thought i would share the only picture that i have found that has a Raptor beating the Zilla.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 11:46 AM

ahhh you are wrong..the zilla is ahead..they were racing backwards..

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 04:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, damn, my bad. But how 'id he get reverse on his 'zilla? It must have been the "underground" model!

WARNING
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 07:34 PM

he messed up his timing so his engine fires backwards probably

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 08:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh, i hate when that happens.

WARNING
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 09:50 PM

that would freak me out if that happend...i was reading about some guy who had a husky 540 or something and he was racing and he let the clutch out and it went backwrds...that would really suck if you were doing a hard start..pop the clutch and whap over the bars...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I remember in one of those quad mags i read there was a letter about a guy who went up a steep hill, stalled, and rolled back down the hill backwards, while still in gear. (I don't remember the exact bike only that it was a four stroak) but As the letter went he let out the clutch, while going backwards down the hill, and had the engine pop start in this way. The guy said the bike ran rough, but it ran, if you put it into 1st gear it went backwards, and it went forwards in reverse. The guy also said that after he shut it off he never got the bike to start again, when he openen up the engine it was totally trashed, bent valves, gear teeth in the cases, and so on. I guess that it is possible but it sounds unlikely to me, at least on a four stroak.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 02:19 AM
raptor_rider

thats IMPOSIBLE you could make a four stroke run backwards but you would have to put the pipe on where the carb is and the carb where the pipe is then you would have to regrind the cam and it still would run like POOP untill you timed the ignition

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode