Need some advice!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need some advice!!!

i love my '90 suzuki lt500r it has tremedous power in the low to mid rpms

1. but i want to get a pipe that favors the top end alittle more does any one have any suggestions???

right now i have a FMF gold series pipe on it i know that i am going to have to give up alittle bottom end to gain the top end power but that is ok i have so much bottom end it is unbelievable

and that leads me to my next question you see i have so much bottom end that in the dirt all i do is spin the tires i have tried gearing it up and down but nothin seems to work but it is time for new rear tires and i am wondering

2. What kind of tires should i put on the rear of my quadzilla? i am open to any suggestions

one more quick question

3. will a boyseen rad valve reed setup give me enough power to justify the cost?

thanks for the help

may my zilla live forever

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 01:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need some advice!!!

I'm not certain what all pipes they make for the zilla, but the fmf fatty pipe is good for bottom through top. I belive fmf makes a rev pipe too, which favors the mid-top range of the powerband. As for tires, I would say turf tamers or holeshots, both are great tires for traction and powersliding. The rad valve, I didn't think it was worth the money, but thats my opinion.

Kyle

------------
Honda Tech
------------
'98 CR250R
Well equipped

'88 F-150 4X4 "The Beast"
Too mand mods to list
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 02:21 AM
cleartoy

What terrain do you ride in for the most part?

I like Holeshots for all around,and paddles for the sand on my Banshee.

Cant help ya on the rad valve or pipe.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 07:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i would see if you can get an FMF SST pipe for your zilla, but i am not sure they make them for it. i have heard lots of good about them for the "spread powerband" you are looking for. i am not sure about the reeds, maybe someone else would know. if you ride in the dirt i would look at the Holeshots or the Maxxis Razr. also look at the Titan FastTrekkers, they look like nice sport tires and where a little cheaper than the others. hope this helps.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Life is short, RIDE HARD!</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i was thinking either holeshots or fast trekkers i saw them in a magizine and thought the tread was intresting does anyone run fast trekkers on their sport quad and how do you like them???

i ride in lose dirt trails and the sand but i already have paddles 10 fin haulers 20x10x10 to be exact holeshots seem to everyone preferrence for dirt tires correct

as for the reed i dont think it will be worth the money

and pipe wise what is everyone else running on zilla's i want as much info as i can get before i buy a new pipe

may my zilla live forever

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 02:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 1986 Quadracer 250 and I have Bandit XCT tires on the front and rear, they are an all around good tire. I have gone through alot of mud and i even drove it in the winter and they got some good traction.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode