Single carb for my Banshee??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Single carb for my Banshee???

Since this is my first post, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say howdy to everyone. I'm glad I found you guys. Anyway....I just bought a '92 shee. It's got a 409cc big bore kit, FMF fatty's, and it runs like a raped ape. But the low end is absolutely pathetic. I'm thinking about going with a single carb setup, but I'm wondering if it's really worth the almost $500 price tag. Also, I'm wondering who is the best company to buy from. The only one I've seen was from Graydon-Proline, and I sent them an e-mail a week ago with some questions and they still haven't gotten back to me. If anyone can share their experiences I would really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 03:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Single carb for my Banshee???

welcome aboard, hope we can help you out some. my '93 banshee was built by Trinity Racing in CA and it has there Stage IV kit on it which includes a single big carb setup. i really like the setup, but the previous owner had all the work done to it so i dont know how much it improved it. my bottem end is pathetic as well, but when the powerband kicks in just hang on tight cause she really starts talking then. i think my main problem is in the gearing though, it is geared way high. hope some of this helps, and there are several others who will chime in here shortly and give you advice.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Life is short, RIDE HARD!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 04:05 PM

slip the clutch more!! hehe

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 10:48 PM
cleartoy

Dont feel bad, i emailed GP about 3 months ago, and to date have not got a response.

Trinity has a single carb kit.

$500 is too much especially cuz you will sacrafice top end.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 01:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

if you have the money give it a whirl, if you hate it, you should be able to see it to someone. I doubt it's going to give you the bottom end that you're looking for though, just keep it above 5g and enjoy it. :-) Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 06:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You guys will never be satisfied! No motor will ever be perfect and give you instant power at all rpm's. My shee has 34 pj's Toomey's and an RCR port job. I have Decent low end power. You have to realize that you have to keep the rpm's a little higher than most quads.Dont worry it wont hurt the motor a shee LOVES to be revved,hates low rpm.

If you cant keep it in the right gear and work the clutch a little than you are on the wrong machine for you. A shee takes a LOT of rider skill and control to ride.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:51 AM
cleartoy

Chris, i agree. ITs an RPM machine.

Now, how do you like the 34PJs? Ive been considering some for my bike. Mostly cuz i dont wanna do the idle kit on my carbs. My bike is ported, FMFs, 2:1 intake, Cool head with 21cc domes, Wiseco pistons.

Talk to ya later.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 03:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey chriscoll is right!!!!!

you cant ever get a motor that has power all through the powerband there are a few motors that are close but no motor lives up to full power in every rpm banshees are known to be a high rpm machine most people dont realize this before they buy one

you just got to slip the clutch, keep the throttle pinned, and hold on!!!

my '90 suzuki lt500r is bad ass it has tremedous power in the low to mid rpms but i envy you banshee owners cause i love how they scream and take off on top end

may my zilla live forever

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 04:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

When I built up my motor in 92 there weren't many options other than 34's and 28's. When the jetting is perfect I have a pretty wide powerspread and great response. The more I open up the intake the faster it goes. With no airbox and filters on the carbs it really flies. Put the lid on the airbox and it slows it down a bit. I would like to try the single carb. 1 carb to jet,1 cable to maintain and a couple pounds lighter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode