K & N Air Filter - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 01:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

K & N Air Filter

Greetings,

I am finding myself doing a lot more riding in the sand than I had originally thought. Paddle tires are on the way (Sand Skate II) but I am now wondering if I should upgrade to a K&N air filter for my Raptor. Somwbody folks have said I should.

So...before I spend the $35.00 I wanted to know from my fellow riders what advantages can I expect from a protection and performance perspective with a K&N...?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 02:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: K & N Air Filter

i wouldnt advise a K&N filter for any type of riding really. i would recommend a UNI foam filter. the K&N will produce more power than the UNI but they dont offer as good of protection than the UNI. i have read all the reports and have tested it first hand on my fourwheelers, i have saw the difference and now all i will run is the UNI filters just for the protection. the K&N dont really produce all that much more power over the UNI anyway, IMHO. hope this helps.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 02:51 PM
cleartoy

KN filters have little holes in them to flow more air....and let more fine dust particles pass through the filter and into your engine.

Dual stage foam filter is the way to go. Especially for sand riding.

I run dual foam Uni filter with an Outerwear for peace of mind.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just called around and UNI does not currently make the Dual Stage Foam filter for the Raptor. All they have is the standard filter. Also, they said that they do not have outer protection for the UNI filter I would be getting. If I got the standard UNI filter (which also happens to be $15.00 less than the UNI) could I use the K&N outerwear filter with it?

Thanks!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 09:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i dont think that the k&n outerwear will fit the standard UNI but i am not sure. all my experience has been with the dual stage filter, so i dont know how the standard filter would compare to the other filters. anyone else know? sorry i couldnt help more.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Life is short, RIDE HARD!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode