Should I get a Banshee or Ds650!?!?! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 04:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Should I get a Banshee or Ds650!?!?!

Hi,
Right now I'm saving up for a raptor,but for my sencond quad I would like either a Banshee or Ds650 to bee it.I will be riding on dunes and trails with big a$$ hills,whoops,turns,and jumps!!I have a couple of questions about both such as:

1.Which one is the most reliable?

2.Which one is better suited for the places I will be riding in?

3.Which one is the easiest to ride and also the funnest to ride?

4.Which onen is the easiest to turn?

5.Which one wheelies,powerslides,and does doughnuts the best?

6.Which one is better at hill climbs?

7.I have never ridden a 2-stroke nor do I know much about them sowhat kind of gas and oil should I use?

8.Does the banshee start easy or does the kick start suck?

9.Which one is the fastest?

10.What stuff do I need to watch out for on both machines like in the maintenance department or just riding?

11.For the owners of each machine what mods gave the best bang for your buck?

12. Which one shifts the smoothest?

13.This may sound stupid,but I don't know much about the banshee,daoes the banshee have a neutral indicator?

14.What don't u like lest about your banshee or ds and what did u do to fix it if u can fix it?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
Sorry for all the questions,but I need to know because either one of these quads could be it!!!!

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 04:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Should I get a Banshee or Ds650!?!?!

Ohhh yeah 2 more questions before I got to bed!!!!

1.Which ones stock tires have better traction?

2.If I get the Banshee what are the best aftermarket tires for it I want something that is 6-ply and also what size should I get to get the power to the ground?

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 08:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard that lots of people love the DS for the dunes, i would say go with that, lot's of speed, and awesome suspension.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 02:04 AM

I would go banshee without question...the DS650 is just not a good trail ride...its big...expensive...and really expensive when ya need parts...the banshee has been around and prices for parts are "somewhat" reasonable...a 2 stroke...to be honest is basic...its a motor in its simplest form is all it is...I just have not seen anything yet that would make me run a DS650...AT ALL....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 10:02 AM
cleartoy

Comments about the Banshee.

Use 92 octane with Yamalube 2R.

Kick starts easy.

Watch the stock airfilter. Better yet, get the Pro Design pro flow with a foam filter attatched.

Keep the chain lubed and adjusted.

Pipes with a good filter and pro flo, rejet. Then porting was major improvement.

Not the smoothest shifter. Im thinking about an aftermarket shift star.

No neutral indicator. With all the mods i have, i hate the chain adjustment. Im thinking of a longer swing arm with a round honda style housing.

I believe Holeshot makes some 6 ply tires. The stock rear tires SUCK bad and are in my opinion dangerous. Hard to keep the bike pointed straight, as it fishtails bad.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Forget the DS650 and go with the Banshee. You are already getting a good bike for the trails with the Raptor. I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death, but the DS is huge,heavy,expensive,costly to fix, and did I mention heavy? Besides, I've raced several with my Raptor and always win, dont buy a slower bike than you already plan on buying. Besides, the Banshee is king in the dunes. My riding buddy has one with the usual Toomey additions as well as delta force reeds,jetting, etc, and his bike climbs everything. Good luck!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd go with the DS650, it may be heavy, but it's very stable and can ramp very easily supringly enough cause of it's weight.

It's also awesome on the trails, but not on very crowded ones, but still good.

It's got a lot of power and with a few mods it can be one fast mother-facqker. I've got one and I've got a K&N air fliter, a White Bros. pipe, and the engine has been port and polished. It halls balls. It's also awesome at the dunes. Kicks major ass.

Bombardier all the way!!!

*_/\_<font color=red>Ride</font color=red> or <font color=blue>Die</font color=blue>_/\_*<font color=green>

"I Just Mounted My Quad On Dubs!"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 10:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

go with the banshee it's design has been proven over time and it easily modified and costs less then the ds650 but i think everyon knows my opoinon about the ds

may my zilla live forever

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 03:39 AM
raptor_rider

I've got a 2000 Banshee that has the Toomey pro racers kit in it raced it on a track total of 4 times(won every time)never been wrecked , am selling it so I can get a new Harley, I have over $7500.00 invested ( I have clean title ) will take $5000.00 OBO

Ride hard, Lifes short
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49-431704-banshee.JPG (6.6 KB, 6 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 07:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats a good price, someone should jump on that one in a heartbeat.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Life is short, RIDE HARD!</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode