A question.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A question....

One of my friends has a 2k Kawi Bayou 220, and he was wandring how he can make it go faster? I've got no idea on this except maybe a new pipe. Would buying any of this really be worth it or not? Just wandring...

Thanx.

*_/\_<font color=red>Ride</font color=red> or <font color=blue>Die</font color=blue>_/\_*<font color=green>

[b]"I Just Mounted My Quad On Dubs!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 07:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: A question....

you can do the pipe and airfilter, but i dont know how much you would improve the performance. back when i had my Prairie 300 i was thinking of doing the same thing, and after a ton of searching on the net i found someone who had done it and they said it improved it a little, but nothing spectacular. i would say you would have to go into the engine to make it do much more than what it is doing now. hope this helps.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 05:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Like what all would I need to do the engine? And how much would this all cost cause his pops is a TIGHT WAD....

*_/\_<font color=red>Ride</font color=red> or <font color=blue>Die</font color=blue>_/\_*<font color=green>

"I Just Mounted My Quad On Dubs!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 05:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bore and stroke it and maybe put a more aggresive cam in it. i am not sure what it would cost, but it would be expensive i would guess. he could just trade it in for the 300 bayou or a faster quad cheaper probably. its hard to make the utility type quads do much more than stock without spending a bunch of money on them. hope this helps, and if i am wrong someone will jump in and correct me.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 05:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A Super Trap IDS2 pipe and a K&N Filter with outerwears will range around 200-220. This will give him more low end and middle end but not much top end. If he wants something faster hed be better off trading in than getting it bored/stroked. Have him look around for a good used quad.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree, i would just trade up to a bigger quad before going into the engine, it would be alot easier and a lot cheaper, but it is always more fun to invent a new wheel [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode