Old school favorites - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Old school favorites

OK, what are some old school atv's you've ridden in the past? What are your favorites?

First one I rode was the '69 ATC-90, the one with the solid front wheel and orangish paint. Spent a lot of time on a mid '70s ATC-90, gotta love that dual range tranny!

Wanted a Tri-moto really bad, thought the old TM175 was way cool or even the 225dx. Rode the wheels off an '85 LT185. Anyone ever ride an old Kawi 3 wheeler? Those looked way weird. Had many a fun time on my buddies '86 Quadsport 230, never did get used to that side kick start deal though. Had a couple scary moments on my first Banshee ride in '87, boy was it fast.

My favorites:ATC 350x & 250r, '86 Fourtrax 250r, LT230s, Tecate-4, Tri-Z.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 02:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Old school favorites

the oldest i have rode was my old '88 Quadracer. she was awesome, still wish i had her back.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 04:46 PM
GTA

Had a Honda 70 ATC 3spd. I was so jealous when my brother got his, it was the 4-speed model. I've never seen another one since.

Next was the Honda 185s ATC with the big basket rack. We used to fit about five of us on that thing.

Great Topic!

Gearheads do it greasy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 04:57 PM

my grandpa has a lt185 too,we trashed the thing! haha very solid quad!

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 06:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I used to have a Honda 110 3-wheeler, it was pretty tight and lots of fun to begin with, but I got rid of it for a Honda Big Red. Another great trike. Then came my Bayou 220. I rode that thing to hell and back and loved that S.O.B! Great quad to learn on... Loved it...

Now I've got a 400EX and a DS650 witch I am happy with. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

*_/\_<font color=red>Ride</font color=red> or <font color=blue>Die</font color=blue>_/\_*
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I started out on bikes. First one was a '90 CR80, then I got a '91 CR125, then a '88 CR250, then I had a '92 Banshee, then a YZ490, and for some time i've had my '98 CR250R. Loved them all, wish I still had a few of them, but oh well. Always wanted a '88 250R fourtrax.

Kyle

'98 CR250R
Well equipped
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Used to ride an 86 Suzuki 230 Quadsport and an 87 250 Quadracer. I loved them. I later spent some time on a 92 Quadracer. Man I love those old Quadracers, I wish that Suzuki still made them.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 07:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

if suzuki would pull there head out of there butts they would realize that a lot of people out there would buy the Quadracer today if they would only build it. they wouldnt even have to update it that much, just build it where they left off and they would have an awesome quad. who knows, maybe someday it will happen.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

although i love riding my 83 Honda 250r, my 83 honda 185s is now my favorite. no real suspension, but it's a great motor, and it's light enough to throw around easily.

ktmbk
83 ATC 250r (with many extra parts 4 sale), 83 ATC 185s, 89 zuki' 250sport.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 11:34 PM
cleartoy

Started when i was 5 on an 81 Honda ATC 70, then a 185s in 82, 85 250sx when i was 12, 85 350x when i was 14, 93 [email protected](still have) co owned '00CR80at 24.

Towed trailers with the 250sx. It was cool for what it was.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode