Should I get a raptor or ds650?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 07:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Should I get a raptor or ds650??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I limited it down to 2 quads that I want from the 6 choices I had before the ds650 or raptor.I'm 5'9" and 227lbs and have about a year of riding experience.I will be riding on medium to big size trails with lots of jumps,whoops,hills,and turns and also my local dunes and at least once a month at glamis.I have a couple of questions about both such as:
1.Which one is the most reliable?

2.Which one is the easiest to turn?

3.Which one is better suited for my riding experience and the places I will be riding in?

4.Which one is the easiest and funnest to ride?

5.Which one whellies better?

6.Which one does better doughnuts?

7.What are problems with both of them and what mods can fix the problems if there is any?

8.Which one has better handling?

9.Which ones stock tires have better traction?

10.Which one power slides the best?

Thanks,
Dan

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Should I get a raptor or ds650??

DO NOT GET A DS650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a raptor if those are your two choices

may my zilla live forever

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got a Bomb DS650, and there not bad. They are a little too heavy, but they got a lot of power. I like it. Parts are really expensive though, as in mods. Mine is stock cept for a White Bros. pipe, and I can beat stock Raptor's easily.

*_/\_<font color=red>Ride</font color=red> or [blue\Die</font color=blue>_/\_*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 11:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

it doesnt mean your bike is fast the main thing that makes a bike fast is the rider

and a raptor is alot faster then a ds650 i have rode both and i have never seen a ds650 ever beat a raptor

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 12:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

do you know what yamaha orginally designed the raptor for was trails but it does extremely well in the dunes for a four-stroke too and that is where you said you wanted to ride i know before i have said that i dont like the raptor but that isnt the truth i would rather have a quadzilla or a banshee is what i meant but the bike that i hate most is the ds650 there isnt anything that it has showed me except that parts are expensive, it is heavy, and it was made for the sand and who in their right mind would design a quad for the sand and make it a four stroke ask any body two strokes rule the sand-box except for heavily modified four strokes

i will go back my orginal opoinon DO NOT GET A DS650!!!!!!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 01:20 AM

read through the posts from your previous topic...Most everyone here stated get a raptor over the DS650 without question...The DS650 has its problems that can not be easily compensated for...the Raptor has 2 slight issues that can be taken care of with a couple modifications...

The DS650 is NOT a trail machine...
I went up against one on my shee this weekend and I was not dressed for tearin it up...(no helmet or other gear) and I tore the [censored] out of it all over the place....

The raptor is a solid machine and a lil extention on the A-arms and diff exhaust...and ur good to go....

RAPTOR is by far the best choice...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode