Is it possible to make a 400ex go 75-88 mph?????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 04:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is it possible to make a 400ex go 75-88 mph??????

I was wondering if u can make a 400ex go between 75-88 mph.The reason I'm asking is because I'm having a hard time deciding on which quad to get either a 400ex,banshee,raptor,scrambler 400/500 2X4,or the ds650and also my friends I will be riding with have raptors and banshees.If u can make the 400ex go that fast then I would definately get it!!I need to know what mods I need to get to make it that fast like which pipe,bigborekit,cam size,carb size,porting,what should my gearing be(front tooth and rear tooth sprocket),tire size,what size a-arm and axle,shocks,etc!!If i left anything out please let me know!!
Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
Money is not an option.Also I don't want to lose reliability so I don't want to put a different engine in it!!!!

2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 08:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is it possible to make a 400ex go 75-88 mph??????

Just get a Raptor or zilla, 400ex will need a big bore kit to make it go that fast, and by the time you had bought the ex and put all the mods on it, you could have bought the raptor, made it +2 inches wider.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 03:47 PM

I would go with the raptor or banshee....these 2 rides will get you to that speed at a much cheaper cost then the 400EX....good luck in whatever you may choose!!!!

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 07:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i agree with the others, you can get a raptor and make it wider cheaper than you could make a 400ex do that. it all depends on what you want though.

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode