Raptor exhaust - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 04:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor exhaust

Anyone have any experience with aftermarket silencers for Raptors? Power gains and where in the power band? Second gear needs a bit more rpms for dune hill climbing me thinks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 01:46 AM
raptor_rider

Re: Raptor exhaust

I have the GYT-R muffler on mine, it made a big ditterance on the bottom end and with it I dont feel the gear gap between 1st and 2nd, I also got the DYNOJET kit and modified the air box

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 11:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Did you get the carbon fiber version or the aluminum version? Are you running a K&N or the foam type filter?
Have you run it in the dunes before and after your mods?
Thanks for the info, and keep on ridin!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

my friend has two aftermarket pipes the orginal is good all around and he likes his carbon fiber gytr for the dunes cause it gives more top end but he has a white brothers e-series he runs on trails cause it gives more low end

this is what he said i rode it and he had a good point with the power differences in the pipes i think it is depends on how you want your bike to run more top end or bottom end

may my zilla live forever

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 03:12 AM
raptor_rider

I went with the aluminum muffler, It looks better with all the aluminum accesories I have, and it works the same as the carbon fiber , and its cheaper, I LOVE IT

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 02:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Have you ever heard of CT racing because they just came out with a bad a$$ pipe at 3000rpm it has 7 extra hp on the bottem end and at 8000rpm it has a thumping 32 extra hp on the top so you can go with the gyt pipe or check out that at: http://www.kandkatv.com/ct_page.htm its a little expensive but its worth it because its not only the pipe and silencer its also a jet kit and air filter but it should hum nice i will be getting mine soon

everyone eats it hard somtime
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

32 extra hp?????? That would be like 65-70hp!!?? That is badASS!

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:23 PM

it isnt a gain of 32 peak horse power....only a gain of 20 peak...but it moves the peak power higher in the rev range where the to after the raptor peaked out so it gain32 horse there but not peak...confusing i know...look at the dyno i attached and you should understand...and CT very most likely boosted the actual power increase...

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:26 PM

except i forgot to attach it hehe...here it is...

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
Attached Files
File Type: art 49-424503-raptor.art (20.6 KB, 9 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 12:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

aahh, i see now. I have done that several times, forgot to attach the file, it always sucks when you are in a hurry, just typed up a huge post, and all ya can do is delete the post cuz ya don't have time to upload a pic, and if ya let the post stay, you would look like a dumbass, bc no 1 knows what the F you are talkin about kinda like all you are doin right now, wonderin what the hell i am talkin about, this should be in the Lurker post.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode