Polaris scrambler owners I have questions??
Right now I'm trying to get a raptor, but for my second quad I would really, really, really like for either the scrambler 500 or the scrambler 400 2X4 to be it.I will be riding in dunes and trails such as Glamis,dumont,and my local trails so are either of the machines good for my riding conditions. I have a lot of other questions (so bare with me)such as:
1. Are they reliable?
2. How is the handling?
3. Whats the stock horsepower and speed for both of them?
4.In stock conditions Can both of them beat a stock 400ex?
5. What are the best aftermarket tires for them, I want something that is 6-ply?
6. Which one has lower maintainance?
7. What are the best aftermarket shocks for them?
8. Does any aftermarket company make a big bore kit for the scrambler 500?
9. I know there is a 440 big bore kit for the scrambler 400, who makes them and for the people who have the 440 kits how much of a horsepower and speed gain did you gain?
10. What other mods gave the best bang for your bucks?
11. Is there any other thing that I have to watch out for on either machine like maintainance problems or anything else?
12. I've seen on some peoples signature that say that their scrambler does over 60 horsepower and what mods did you put on to gain that much horsepower and how much of a speed gain do you gain?
Thanks your info will be greatly appreciated,
Sorry for all the questions but I would really, really like for either one of these machines to be my second quad and I need to know as much as possible about both of them.
2001 yellow sportax 400ex all stock accept 6-ply razrs!!!!