Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   ATV Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/atv-lounge/)
-   -   tecate 4? (https://forums.off-road.com/atv-lounge/67640-tecate-4-a.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 04-25-2001 02:31 PM

tecate 4?

I am getting ready to purchase a new quad, I do mostly trail riding and love to jump. I need something to ride while my project EX600 is getting designed. I have a 96 cr 250 so I love two stroke power but I am not very familiar with the 250 tecate4, I can get a real good deal on it though 2000 grand like new with all the goodies. I have ridden many 300ex's and love them in the woods but I seem to bottom out the sus. alot on them and I love 2 stroke power, any positive advice or experience would be helpful, thanks. Oh yeah got my engine in yesterday it's a older 400xr engine that has been balanced, polished, etc. lookin at dynoing 60+ hp. This is gonna be fun.hahahahaha!

GOT MUD?

AirBornBanshee 04-25-2001 03:00 PM

Re: tecate 4?

I have very limited experience with the tecate....from what I do remember they were not a bad ride, the big problem was parts availability....

what year bike and what options for 2 Gs??

If you like 2 stroke...u will be limited to the quad selection....the banshee is a nice ride....I ride it primarily woods and trails, but also run MX tracks...I am 6'1" 290 and i havent had a problem with bottoming out....and I hit it hard too...

We have a few different rides in our group...only 2 of the quads are 2 strokes...both are banshees....the bikes are all 2 strokers...

How much do u wanna spend??

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

**DONOTDELETE** 04-25-2001 04:40 PM

The tecate was narrow from the factory so you probably have to get wider a-arms, the thing is they dont make them. they need to be made custom by LSR, timmy boy etc. The tecate is also known to have one of the most potent 250CC engine in a quad. So it will definatly be fast. I have heard people say parts are not really that big of a problem, so you might want to check that out alittle too. There are some guys on the atvconnection.com board that own them. i think their names are "2much" , "jmoney45",and "kawasakikid". Just do a search in the forums and i am sure most of your question can be answered.

<font color=blue> "Loofer" </font color=blue>
<font color=red>'88 Banshee</font color=red>
<font color=red>'79 Bronco</font color=red>
It is not about "WHAT" you ride, It is about "IF" you ride.

**DONOTDELETE** 04-25-2001 06:03 PM

tecate 4's are one of the fast 250 2-stroke quads the have eye watering speed but the suck at conering due to the narrow stance i use to know some one who had one and he never had problems finding parts for it, it was fast as hell but what do you think happens when you stroke it and make it run on alchol

hey for $2000 you cant go wrong i would just suggest wider a-arms but hey it is a killer quad i have ridden one and i liked it but not as much as my quadzilla

may my zilla live forever

AirBornBanshee 04-25-2001 10:31 PM

but there is a question remains...how much will it cost to widen it with special order parts...i.e. wider a-arms.....that is one thing to look at...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

raptor_rider 04-26-2001 01:18 AM

there is always plan B for widening it ( durablue spacers )

Ride hard, Lifes short