What's everyone got agianst belt drive? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 05:54 PM
deepnsteeP

What\'s everyone got agianst belt drive?

Just curious. My dad has an Explorer 300 and i have personally driven it to hell and back and never slipped a belt or had any issues with the tranny. The thing has been used for irrigating too, so it has seen it's fair share of deep water too.

If it don't go vrrrooom vrrrooom, I don't want it!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 05:59 PM
GTA

Re: What\'s everyone got agianst belt drive?

If you'll notice most of that talk comes from guys who own or like the honda 4wheelers without the belt style trannys.

Gearheads do it greasy!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 06:01 PM

I like the polaris myself....have seen a many of them on the trails and they all LOVE them...havent heard a bad word yet...with th exception of this board....

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 06:50 PM
portgrinder

the explorer 500 i had was fairly problematic. the belt sliped once and a while but mostly i hated it for other reasons

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 07:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Every board you go to, every one that doesnt own a polaris, or somebody that didnt know how to take care of there polaris trashes them. I have put my poor little explorer 300 through so much it isnt funny. When i worked at the dealership i beat the balls off of my demo scramble 400 and never had a problem. The thing is never give it gas if the tires wont spin. If the tires dont spin then you heat the belt and tear up the cluthes. If you get water in the cluthes just let it sit there and idle to dry them out. Works every time. Good luck

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 09:07 PM
portgrinder

sorry but i know how a cvt works. i own 5 sleds and know very well how to handle cvt's (continously variable trans) as 3 of my sleds have around 100hp and all have mountain tracks on them. and i did take care of it my explorer, greased all 200 zerks every ride and it still fell apart. i mean who would use telescoping driveshafts?
its just a retarded idea

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 09:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I didnt say you dont know what you are doing i just made a statement for the whole world to see. i really get tired of people trashing polaris because they dont know what they are or are doing. On the driveshaft thing i havent seen a problem but i havent worked on many of them yet. Since i only work on the side now i only get the old ones. In my opionin you can have those driveshafts and give me a chain anyday of the week.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 09:30 PM

i believe most of polariss problems were in the earlier years of their atvs...they seem to have their reliability under control now...but some people (me included) have painted them POS and dont like them because of that....

Large balls...the replacement for displacement[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>-VVickedVVarrior-</font color=blue>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 10:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

me and some friends ride right much
the first day he had his polaris 325 with a 5 speed tranny no automatic junk, he backed in a ditch and could not spin the tires in low gear, not downing them what you ride is your choice, but ever polaris i have seen has had some serious reliblitly problems. ride red!

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane 270 Compucam,dual exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, k&n, headers,
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 07:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

why is not spinning the tires a bad thing? i wish my banshee didnt spin the tires so much [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] was it just sitting in the ditch not moving and not spinning the tires or was it just pulling out of the ditch? several friends that i ride with have polaris and they havent had any problems out of them.

i find it funny that most people that hate the polaris own a honda, and i find the same thing in the people i ride with, the ones that own a honda are usually cracking on the ones with polaris. anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Chris [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode