Help with my Banshee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 11:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help with my Banshee

well theres nothing really wrong with it, i am just wanting to add some low end power to it, even if it means losing some of the top end (but not a lot of it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]). right now it has a decent low end and mid, but the top end is where she starts screamin'. right now it is setup up with Trinity Stage IV heads with a 2 into 1 Stage IV intake and single carb setup into a Pro-Flow mount UNI airfilter with a custom airbox lid (6 1" holes on top and a wild looking snorkel). the exhaust is the 2 into 1 header pipe and a Stage IV silencer. i am thinking a different header pipe and silencer would be a good first step and maybe play with the gearing, but i wanted everyones opinion, and what different setups should i be looking at. i want to set this up for some MX and Flat tracks that are around the house, not for competitive riding, but just for horsing around with riding buddies. i have already got the rims offset to make it wider and that helped out tons more than i would have thought it would. it corners and handles well, i am just looking for a little more bottem end grunt. is it possible to achieve what i am looking for? thanks guys.

Chris
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 11:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help with my Banshee

get a 4 stroke, ahha just joking. maybe the two into one pipe is not helping it?

leave the stickers on the bentley to show the price
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 12:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hahahaha...thanks but i love my 2 strokes. i am not sure, but i am thinking that the 2 into 1 pipe is for top end speed. maybe some else knows for sure? thanks.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 01:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just some food for thought, there is big talk about those SST pipes...might want to think about it.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 02:13 AM
raptor_rider

the FMF pipe is the one to go with if your looking for bottom and mid power then go with one tooth smaller on the primary (front) sprocket

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 02:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You need a 370 long rod setup. Thats the only way you will get the power you want.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 03:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CDK357
I used to own a 93 shee.It was set up for sand riding and was a real rush to ride.It had port cleanup,stockcarbs,k&n filter on a pod by uni filter, the exhaust side was a pair of FMF SST units it hurt my ears it was so tinney sounding and as far as perfomance it liked the throttle pinned.the low end sucked.The top end would rev to the moon. I was strongley urged to go with the 2 into one setup like you have for playing around on.Rather than spend the big bucks on a bunch more parts,I geared it down 1tooth and installed a set of padla brats on the rear the brats would allow enough tire slip on take offs to build power to get to on top then grab on! I was happy with the results .One other thing was as the engine lost compression the low end seemed to expodentially drop off. How much psi are you running.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 10:41 AM
cleartoy

Single carb and 2:1 pipe is the right direction to go for more low end.

I would lower the gearing. Either add teeth to the rear, or drop one up front. You will lose top speed, but it will accelerate off the line way better.

Most mods out there are for mid to top end performance. A stroker will get you more low end torque for a price.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 06:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks goes out to everyone with suggestions on this for me. i think i am going to play with the gearing some, i checked it out today and it is really high. (under 3.00 gear ratio) i will keep you all informed as to what happens, i am going to order a couple of sprockets tomorrow and play with it some. i dont want to spend alot of money making it a stroker as it is really just for playing around on. thanks again.

Chris
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 06:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats funny...Airborn didn't get his $.02 on this topic yet...and its about a Shee.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode