HOLY $#!* BATMAN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 12:02 AM
raptor_rider

HOLY $#!* BATMAN

well as you all know the Raptor is too narrow , well today I put the RPM Dominator -1+2(for the banshee) in my Raptor , the Banshee is 2 inches wider than the Raptor so I just made my Raptor 6 inches wider!!! HOLY $HIT BATMAN , what a differance , I almost forgot how much of a differance it makes when you widen these things YIPPEEE , and I'm going to go riding AGAIN this weekend I will let you know how it works out !

Ride hard, Lifes short
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 12:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HOLY $#!* BATMAN

sounds awesome man, keep us informed on how it worked.

Chris
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

bet ya dished out some major bucks for that...but sweet deal man, keep us up to date, and don't get too confident, lol.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 10:26 PM
cleartoy

I second that. IT does make a big difference having wide axle, a arms, and off set rims. Way easier to side hill or transverse sand dunes, corner better.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 10:32 PM
raptor_rider

well the axlemade a HUGE differance , and Josh , it was about $400.00 , anyway the A-arms are next but I have to recoup from the axle and I have to go to Vegas next month for National championships in pool so it will be a couple more months before I can shell out the $800.00 for A-arms

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 11:40 PM
cleartoy

If you do a little shopping around, you can find 4130 arms with heims for less than that.

I got Timmy Boy arms for $625 bare. If you go to their website, they will break down the prices for bare, powder coat or chrome plated.

Also check shoc connection.

I understand the hot set up for the raptor is +3" wider arms.

-cleartoy

Got sand?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 02:08 AM
raptor_rider

I think thats what I would go with is the +3 , when I put the Banshee +2 axle in the Raptor thats what it came out to be is +3 so I want to match it , Thanks

Ride hard, Lifes short
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 02:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

raptor rider, i have never changed an axle on my raptor so i have 2 questions for you. what does the -1 mean? are there two different hub mounting widths on the same axle? and second, if the banshee is 2" wider than the raptor and you added another 2" wouldn't that make it 4" wider than stock? thanks for the help.. widening it is my next project.

Dave

85' CJ-7
01' Raptor
96' Grand Cherokee
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 02:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Raptor Rider. Good work,I also installed a dura blue extended axle.I opted to order extra offset in my front douglas red labels with razorbacks for sand duning.this made acomfortable difference when sidehilling.I also extended the swing arm 4 inches for hillshooting. One final handling mod was having the seat cut out 1.5 inches like a harley saddle this put my lead bottom closer to the work area it made the seat a tad wider wich also gives a flatter ride and feels alittle like our warrior used to, that is not like your sitting on a pillow.Any way enjoy that potent,reiable four stroke. Mark

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 05:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think the reason that it only netted +3" is because the "+2" is split into +1" on the left and +1" on the right. but i could be wrong.

Chris
<font color=blue>'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode